1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Punished at home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ritaroy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rohanindian. Regards

Rita

2. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Jinglea.

Rita

3. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Honeyteddy.

Regards

Rita

4. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rohanindian

Rita

5. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Jinglia

Rita

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ritaroy,

I know your mother loved you so much as much as you loved her. But caning a child is cruel no matter what mistake she did. More so to make a child to be at best in education. Creating fear in the mind of a child is the greatest sin a mother could commit, in my opinion. Every time, a child thinks of the mother, only love should come into her mind and not fear. Even after so many years, if you remember all these punishments, it is proof enough how painful those memories are at an impressionable age.

Sometimes, parents do show their anger when they suffer other issues in life. A child does not deserve a parent's anger or punishments for what parents are going through in life. These are days when even people who are committing major crimes are sent to correction facilities only with an intent to transform them. Such action by a mother here in the US is classified not only as a crime by the parent but also the child will be taken away for foster care by the Department of Social Welfare.

You would have done well with or without those punishments. Probably with loving words, you would have done even better. I am glad that you have two lovely children and bringing them up with no physical punishments.

Viswa

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

My heart bleeds for every little child who gets physical punishment. I am completely against it, 100%...whether at home or in school. They are called tiger moms. In new vocabulary they have invented a new term for them "uncool moms". it is the same. We have to teach children...but not this way. I don't believe in the theory "Spare the rod and spoil the child". We can spare the rold and teach also. But it needs patience.

I think everyone knows what happened in Sweden. The little boy of six years had an uncontrolled urine problem (which is a medical problem and doctor can solve it). Whenever he did that his mother used to beat him. it happened once in school. The teacher changed his clothes and told him to tell this to his mom after he goes home. He told the teacher that he would not go home as his mother would beat him. Then the teacher and school counselor talked to him at length in private for a long time and complained to police. Police arrested parents....a lengthy investigation went on and finally they have put the parents in jail for 18 months and custody of the child was given to uncle in India. Everyone was sympathising with the parents...press, media etc. But why? What about the trauma the child went through?

These tiger moms and "uncool moms" should change. I don't understand why the dad keeps quiet when all this goes on? Can't they stand up for the child? If one cannot stand up for one's child for whom they would stand up!!!! It pains me a lot.

I wish you would not repeat it to your children and they would be happy.

Love
    Syamala

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  8. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Symala for your thoughtful post. I don't punish my kids. Very Best

Rita

9. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

I had it with Belt.... :( for fighting with my sis :D

10. ritaroy

ritaroy Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rise. Sorry for you it was painful.

Love

Rita

1 person likes this.