Finest Posts - May 2013 Winners!

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 1, 2013.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Induslady,

My grand daughter and I would like to thank you for your warm wishes and compliments.I am proud to be the member of Indusladies.

Your brilliant idea to create this largest phenomenal community has spread magic among Indian women world wide.
    I cannot thank you enough for your remarkable endeavors to launch Indusladies.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  2. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

Thank you for your sweet wishes and compliments.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    What a wonderfully fitting tribute to one of the finest members of IL! Kamla is undoubtedly an epitome of grace and charm. I have seen how she makes people feel good with her words. The most important thing about her is that she always speaks from her heart. As you have rightly pointed out, her replies are always 'even, clean, neat, not artificial' That is perhaps the reason why she has become an indispensable part of the FP Forum. Others come and go but she goes on forever!

Incidentally your reference to 'old men getting a kick out off all the adoration from the opposite sex' made me smile for two reasons. First is I am one of the older men of the community and an integral part of FP as of now. This remark of yours may not have anything to do with me and purely general in nature and so I let it pass. Secondly please tell me if getting a kick out of all the adoration from the opposite sex is the prerogative of only the younger men? For your information, at 70, I feel a lot more attention starved than ever before in my life! Adoration of the younger generation may not only add a few years to my life but also add life to my remaining few years. Why grudge it? I am right now having a whale of a time with all the attention and adoration I am getting in IL and I am on cloud 9. I'll admit it shamelessly!
    Sri

6 people like this.
  4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya I am truly glad we share this mutual admiration for Kamla which is richly deserved. I have wanting for long to write a note and I usually forget. She has commented on so many of threads but i have not been consistent in acknowledging mainly because my attentio span is so short I forget.
    Irrespective of such comment/no comment she always visits my thread to write afew words and Likes many comments I leave in others threads.
    The remark about men is purely general in nature and I respect and admire you for bringing it to the open. I truly admire this gesture. In real life I come across.. so in retrospect I could not but admire her more.
    Kamla being graceful is proof for my having known her for so many years. If you are not the real deal soon you would fade away. BTW She is a great cook and a terrific hostess. I genuinely wish I can become a shade of her someday... My best wishes to you for having more grand a time getting attention.. you are so right.. why grudge it.. Thanks for joining me here ;

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac,

What can I say? So many praises showered upon me, I feel buckled under its weight!!

Whoever told you that I, a young at heart woman(!!) will not get a kick out of all the adoration the men shower upon me even at my age?? It is not for nothing that I try to color my gray hair!!:queen

It is all just fine if the older but young at heart men (or even old at heart men!) too have their share of joy when women, young or old, go ga-ga over them, be it for their grace or intelligence or even just good looks!!! Look at Amitabh Bachchan or Dharmendra still being celebrated as rocking heroes! Not to forget Rajnikanth!!

Always a pleasure to see all the support given to FP forum. Thank you.

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    I took so much time to write something nice and genuine about you and all you could respond was "What can I say?!. Which is fine but you went on about the gaga part which was never my intended focus.(I am using word gaga from your comment)
    There is nothing wrong for men/women wanting their share of "gaga" moments dervied from the opposite sex.
    I feel slapped in my face when my point of admiration sidelined to focus on some sidelined line!
    You also have "liked" other posts in this discussion and not liked my original post complimenting you???
    The same thing with Srama.. I dont get why she did not like my original post commenting on you while she likes your comment!! Atleast racr had the courtesy to like mine!
    We only tend to see what is inside of us. None of you could see the nice words written but focussed on some silly sideline.
    Well in setting out to do a nice gesture I have been taught my lesson.
    Thank you

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac,

I would be lying if I said I was not flattered by your generous compliments. The lavish praises are a dream come true for any IL moderator who tries to give his/her best without any expectations. When such a praise comes our way, it will brighten up the whole day! I know you meant really well and was touched.

At the same time, the comment--"in this day and age when old men get a a kick out off all the adoration from the opposite sex" came across as a little rash and unnecessary. Let me get franker...especially when the other person who is managing the FP forum along with me happens to be Cheeniya sir who is an older man (bless him) and who gets a lot of adulation from our Indusladies here. Not just him, we have many older men in our forum who are admired by many ladies and young girls of the forum because of what they write and how they inter-act.

You may not have added that sentence with any wrong intentions. You may have mentioned that line because of your experiences elsewhere. Yet, it was not tactful.
    I did not want to directly comment on this in my previous reply to you for I didn't want to hurt you in any way. You are a long time and a popular member of this community and also someone whom I enjoyed meeting personally.

Therefore, I resorted to the couple of actions that was left to me to let you know that it was not to my taste. Hence no 'like' to your post!

In a way, you got the point. Unfortunately, you seem very upset with me and that does trouble me. I'd rather have happy inter actions with all my IL friends. Hope you can understand my sincere intentions and not underestimate my happiness at your lofty praises. I am still bowled over, but I want ALL of us to be happy and in sync with each other.

I so wish you could have expressed your displeasure to me through a pm. But since you didn't, I am forced to reply to you in an open forum. I have no intention of hurting you in any way.

As for the actions of other members, I cannot speak (write) for them.

IL is a place we come to relax and enjoy and share and help each other. I would like it to stay that way.

With love,
    Kamla

4 people like this.
  8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Bhavna and Yukti for being the winners of May.

Racr and Srinvasan thanks for bringing these threads to our notice

1 person likes this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kammo Rani sorry for making you sit the whole night to read the serials....hehehe

Some of them write so good I feel like nominating them all then I don't want to trouble you and CS to sit and read the whole night you see....hehe

10. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Aruna,

Thank you for your warm compliments.

love,
    Bhavna,