1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on Jewelry issue

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by pm86, May 28, 2013.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Pm86,
    Your H is harassing you mentally so that he can enjoy your discomfort and running around.
    Be polite so that you can use his rantings in court if needed.
    Let go of the jewellery issue and divide it if you want to get rid of him.
    Maybe you should ask for alimony to give him sleepless nights, desi H's fear alimony as the ex wife rarely marries immediately and they have to shell it out for years.
    Get your share of house if he owns one.

1 person likes this.
  2. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Sorry i dont know much about your marital problems...but seems you are not the initiator to this moving out process and seems unaware of the reasons from your husband.

Have not you filed RCR (restitution of conjugal rights) so as to get an explanation from your husband why he moved out?

1 person likes this.
  3. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

It does look like you need some real good lawyer to handle your situation. Talk to Lindsay Hendrix (I gave you this and another one earlier). Definitely talk about your green card situation as well. If you have access to your immigration lawyer, talk to them too.

1 person likes this.
  4. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Let him go to court they will judge, meanwhile dont respond to any of his emails just keep them as furthur proofs. He wants to disturb your peace and threaten you, he is showing his anger. The court will decide that he pays alimony. You will be benefitted if he goes to court, I think you will get part of his salary every month too.

5. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

I heard alimony is not easy to get in US when wife is working.
    He knows that I will not respond to his emails so purposefully he mentioned in email to respond him with reasons. If I do not respond he said, he will think I do not care to give him the reasons.
    I am afraid that he is documenting the emails to show proof in court that I took away the jewelry without informing him.

6. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

pm86 his sole intention is to disturb your peace and grab the jewellery from you. Your DH going to court will cost him more than the jewellery you have which he can never afford. You deserve more than the mental agony he caused you.

7. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

pm86- Like i told you before, if his salary is more than you, then you WILL get alimony. It is not hard. I know a friend of mine whose salary is slightly (not much) lower than her ex and she gets $100 per month as alimony. even though it is a very small amount, since her ex is earning more the court ordered him to pay the diff as alimony. So you need not worry about the alimony part. But then again if you are earning more than him then you have to pay him Alimony.

8. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

If he goes to attorney and court, even I have to keep attorney to defend myself , doesn't it cost the same to me. Just wondering if I have to spend like him or not for all this process

9. pm86

pm86 Silver IL'ite

I am earning lesser than him.

10. destinedfate

destinedfate Silver IL'ite

You will have to keep an attorney since he seems to be determined to give you a hard time with this. You may be earning less.. but my advice is for you to try to get a good reputed lawyer.. even if it costs more, only because of the way your husband is acting. Also try seeing an immigration agent in your area so you can see how your legal status will be affected and what you can do. Check online for them.. or even in indian newspapers(the ones indian grocery stores have) they usually had ads of many immigration agents.

Divorce is a long process when the spouse is giving a hard time.. I thought my divorce will be over much quicker but my ex husband is making a big effort to make sure the process takes a long time. So I suggest that you get started on it so you can finally move on.

Last edited: May 30, 2013