Dps dubai admission status for KG1 for the year 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by degoel, Dec 1, 2012.

1. San2011

San2011 Junior IL'ite

Thanks Vinutha looking at the nursery fees in Dubai am in a fix to send my son to nursery

2. RupaKannan

RupaKannan Junior IL'ite

Hi

Can neone plz let me know wat wuld be the correct age for a kid to get into kg1. My son will be 2 this year and m planning to put him in a pre nursery. So plz advise me the proper age to get him into a proper school or kg1 here in dubai.

rupa kannan

3. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Rupa , Ideally the age bracket should be 2.5 for Nursery , 3 yrs for kg1 and 4 for kg2 but each school/ nursery will have individual parameter, so it'll be good idea to check with the respective nurseries and schools.

Hope it helps

4. amruthakithu

amruthakithu Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

My daughter is admitted in DPS for the year 2013-2014 KG1. We took up the admission process. I applied thru online on September 2012. Then they called my daughter for interactive session on November 2012. We need not have to check on their websites to know whether your child is selected. Once your child is selected, they will send you an SMS in your mobille phone or message will be drafted in your email. So pl see to that, you are providing correct mobile number and mail ID.

In the interactive session, they will ask the child to colour some picture and they will find out whether the child is able to understand the language. But first and foremost is , your child should be bold enough to do whatever he/she likes. I mean the self. They are interested in very active children. I never say that , other children are not active, but still see to that the child is talking well in the interactive session. This is how my daughter got admitted in DPS.

Now she is very happy and as parents, we are also very happy. One best thing is, its only 1.5 months the school is opened, but now my daughter speaks all good vocabularies from school (Already she was very fluent in english from her nursery). Now talking with all good meanings.

Keep checking their websites from September 1st week, so that you will get the update.

Regards
    Amrutha

5. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

a bigggg thanks amrutha.. I will be looking for my son admission this coming sept-oct for 2014-15 session as he will turn 3yrs in march.. this is very useful info which you have shared with us taking time. thanks a lot :)

6. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

hi rupakannan,

I think its the right time to put your kid in nursery as he will get used to school going, being separate from you for longer hours and offcourse otherthings which are taught in nurseries. here most of the pre-nurseries take kids from 18 months.
    I put my son at 2 yrs and he is doing well it has been just 2 mnths n I can see the difference in him.