1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life of mine-is money that important??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by babyhopes, May 7, 2013.

1. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Is it possible to add my name in the document?? I will try to add it.
    The house was constructed by 2006 with 35lakhs INR.

My fil dont have any property to share with his sons.He lost every single penny in some business.

My mother also told me the same,property in native and if you are away from that someday you have to loose it.ummmm..

My head is rolling.Thank you priya.

2. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Thank you honey.How old are you twins now??
    My dh also knwing the burden but he dont know how to sort it out.He wil be happy if am not asking anything related to finance.But I cannot control myself from asking him.I feel like if not today someday we have to make a decision.So its better to be ready with the solution.

My opinion is we ourself getting hard time to go to native and spend time,my kids will never go there then whats the use of investing over there that too very costly,let sell that home split buy two home.Get one in native(if you are still want to buy ) one in city -can be rented.Also can pay off the remaining debts and with just one emi we can live happily.Sounds selfish?? But i have no other go.Me My DH My babies are my world.

3. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Am shattered completely on reading your friend's robbery:(
    I have to do something.Thank you so much priya.And we came back to India last year itself.

4. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the info priya.I know its going to be a tough decision for my dh,but mainly for our kids sake we have to something in favor to us.

5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Why don't you start asking for rent from the brother as the first step? Make it look like a deal. If they have to stay somewhere else, they will have to pay rent. Say that you are asking lesser than that. So it should not be a problem for them. Then make a proper lease agreement, that's renewed every 11 months.

I must say your husband is pretty naive and expecting him to do anything on his own will be foolishness. Be prepared to be the bad guy.

2 people like this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Did not read all the replies.

If your bil is living in your house for which you are paying EMI, he should pay your husband rent.

3 people like this.
  7. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Asking rent??They will spread the entire world like they are giving their whole salary to us in the name of rent!!!
    They gave us 4k as a gift(sply to buy a sofa set) for our apartment house warming.when we visited native most of our neighbor,relative asked us like how is the new sofa set your brothers told they gifted you.mmm

8. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much ladies for all your input towards my issue.I will do something to save our house.Thanks again.

9. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

babyhopes,

Instead of nagging at your H, you have to discuss and try to come up with a solution. Since you are not too worried about your rel'ship with your ILs, I say you take all the blame and be the bad guy. You and your H come to an agreement. Have the house transfered on your name OR get your name added to your H's. Then have your H tell his father that you are forcing him to sell the house. So he doesn't have to look like a villain to his family. Even if you look like a villain, who cares (assuming you dont care). You have to play good-cop-bad-cop to get things done.

If you can convince your H that this will work, he will cooperate with you in the plan.

2 people like this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Like I said you will have to be the bad guy and bear some negative reputation....

And why don't you spread it in the entire world that they are looting you and making you live in relative poverty. Moan to any mutual friend how the burden of paying emi for a house you are not even living in is taking toll on your life. Keep taunting them that "is mehenge jamane me bhi kuch logo ko fukat me ghar mil jata hai (in these expensive times, some people get free homes)".

Why are you scared of getting a bad word when they are the ones who should be rightfully scared of it. There is a quote, "only those people who are worried about what the world will say, are the ones who suffer in world's hands". Don't make yourself a perfect example of this saying.