Surprise your MOM this MOTHER"S DAY: Mother's Day Contest 2013

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by RiddhimaT, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

That's really a wonderful idea:thumbsup...

I'm not good in writing poem...I think 26 alphabets are not sufficient to write about my mom...

MOM, I owe you for so many things...:bowdown

I owe you for your service on cooking and keep feeding me with food stuffs that I like the most...though I never listen to your advice on food and sometimes get irritated with your advises…But deep inside my heart , I love that…I love your care…Till today, I love eating food that was fed to me by you…Even a boring dosa tastes yummy when eaten from your hands…You are really a wonderful creature and in short, God’s gift…a precious gift…

I owe you for body guarding me…I remember you carrying my school bag running with me to catch my school bus…I remember you dropping me to the bus-stop even on college days…I can’t find my day bright if I don’t say “BYE” to you in the morning before leaving our home…

I owe you for all the attention and care that you paid to me when I fall ill…I actually loved to fall ill to have more of your attention and care…loved that moment though quiet painful but still love it…

I owe you for entertaining me to make me happy when I’m down…
    You managed doing each and every simple thing for me without looking after your health…I owe you for that…

I owe you for always supporting me, for boosting my confidence, for believing in my dreams and for blessing me…

I owe you for all the general advises that you always give me… (Like wash your hands before eating, don’t eat street food, wash the fruits before cutting, don’t take bath in cold water etc…)

I owe you for teaching me all good values and disciplines…

I owe you for laying down a strong foundation to build my life….

I owe you for sacrificing all your dreams for me…

I owe you for living your life for me…

These are just few of the things for which payment is long overdue...

My”I owe you” list add up to much more than I could ever hope to repay,

But you know the nicest thing about all of it...
    That I know, that you had marked the entire bill 'Paid in Full'
    For just one kiss and four little words...Mom, I love you!

With love,
    Angellic :)

25 people like this.
  2. ROSHNISADHWANI

ROSHNISADHWANI New IL'ite

In the bedroom you're a lover
    in the kitchen you're a chef
    with the kids you are a doctor
    when do you ever rest?

With the bills you're an accountant
    with the house work you're a maid
    with the neighbors you are a diplomat
    you're worth more than i could pay

At the gym you are my trainer
    at the pool a lifeguard too
    at the park you are a watch dog
    is there nothing you can't do?

We may not ever know
    all the jobs that you have done
    but as many as you've had
    can i add another one?

The title's CEO
    and you've just been hired
    as for all the other jobs...
    let's say that you've retired

We thank you for the hard work
    but your working days are through
    and so from here on out
    let us take care of you

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL
    I Feel mother's day is a day to pay tribute and recognize the sacrifices, care and loving nature of every mother.
    The bond between the mother and a daughter is natural. There is always a love and care between them. My mom is also a super women who brought us in perfect manner and she is pillar of our success in the life(including my sister and brothers and my father)
    But a Mother in law, no need to shower her affection towards her daughter in law as in practise now a days.
    But my Mother in law is an exception. She has five sons and no daughters. She will shower her love and affection on all five daughter in laws. She struggled a lot during her younger life. But she is very happy to see all her sons settled and well placed in life. She will never forget her good old days. She remembers every one with gratitude.
    She herself apply oil and massage our head during Fridays. She see to that everybody's taste (including daughter in laws) is satisfied. She will do so many dishes during deepavali satisfying everybody's desire. She understands every daughter in law and recommends to her sons to get what her DIL wants. She taught us how to save money and how to run a family. She will say only ladies has to take firm decision in saving and they should be bold and courage.
    Every function should be performed in the same ritural way and no excuses. She taught us the rituals in such a way that we didn't feel it is a compulstion on us on the other hand we voluntierly followed the things. She want us to be always happy. For this she got scoldings from my FIL and her sons many times. She accepts the blame on behalf of us. She gives us full support and correct us whenever we go wrong.
    She was very active and don't hesitate to do any type of house hold work. During our pregnancy and after pregnancy she took care of us so well that no words to describe that. She is a strong and bold woman mentally and she is a role model to me.
    She gave equal importance to all her DILs. Now she has restricted her activities due to age.
    I wish on this mother's day she should regain her health and move and do her activities as before.
    MY HEART FELT SALUTE ON THIS MOTHER'S DAY MA.

5 people like this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

My mom was little bit strict to me till I was in my schooldays and after that she gave so much of freedom. I can understand the meaning of motherhood now being a mother of a girl child. The same applicable to my MIL who was so kind, patience enough to me and she was a good soul without any doubt.

I am very bad in writing poems in English so I just want to express my feeling about my mom and mil in the below equations: :)

Mother = Mother Teresa :thumbsup
    Derivation:
    Mother Teresa – Qualities are Love and affection, helping others without any expectations and Mercy on others unconditionally. We have only one Mother Teresa for the whole world which is not sufficient so God decides to send each one Mother Teresa in the form of Mother to all of us.
    So now, Mother – qualities are “as mentioned above” without any asterisk** marks in the below. :bowdown

4 people like this.
  5. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Happy mother's day
    Amma my Sweet Amma

To be a mother is not an easy task now I realize when I am a mother of a child.

Yet you do it proudly everyday no matter what is asked.
    From morning when I wake up till night I sleep, I think about you every minute, but I won’t be able to tell you that .
    How you managed the family, job & the kids all day long?
    How did you find the energy to do all the things you did Amma?

I know it’s your love for me i.e., you think about me in dreams too.
    The smile & tears upon your face when I achieve provides me with more value in my heart.

There are not enough words that can thank you for everything you have helped me emotionally & physically.
    I don’t know whether god exists or not but for me God exists in the form of you Amma.

U care us, U struggle, do sacrifices for us that no one can do
    not even God.

Without you my life is a big Zero.

Amma my dear Amma
    Please forgive me
    I won’t be able to help you when u needs me
    You know very well about the situation after marriage
    But please won’t think for a single moment that your daughter won’t Love you.
    I Love you till my last breath.

If God come in front of me and gave me any boon then
    I will ask him to care you more than you cared me.
    (Although, I know he fail to do that because he won’t able to care like a mother)

I’m glad that you are my mother & I’m your child.
    I’m sorry if sometimes, I acted too wild
    But I know you wouldn’t have it any other way.
    It’s just because I am your child
    I LOVE YOU, AMMA
    I LOVE YOU, so much

“HAPPY MOTHERS DAY”

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. veenasrikanth13

veenasrikanth13 Senior IL'ite

AMMA the word itself is a world in itself, how nice to call her the same,we are grown ups but still the same unconditional love she shares ,can we really understand the value of this solid woman in our lives.when we are still young she would have advised us so many things especially in our teens, have we not shouted at her for being strict to us, how many times we would not have cared for her love,but once we are moms we really know the toil of being a mother she guides us encourage us,will be behind us always,her face glows when you reach home with laurels either from school or from work place.she teaches us to handle the situation with more maturity and wisdom.she is not upset when u ask for guidance.she peeps out of the window its dark and still you are not at home.she always blesses us what ever may be the situation and wishes to see our dreams take a shape.she has played with us,made merry with us some times stubborn and unreasonable.but all her emotions blended in one.and really am proud of my mom and what do i need more when i am full of her.HATTS OF TO U MOM U ARE THE BEST IN THIS WORLD

2 people like this.
  7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mummy,

Whenever I get angry at you, I may have said hurtful things but you have never judged me and have always loved me unconditionally. The times I used to come back from hostel, you always make my favorite dishes- tomato pulsu and pachidi. My MIL makes everything so tasty but no one can make my favorite pulsu and pachidi as you, Ma. You constantly wait for me to call you and I brush it off saying "what's there to talk?" How has God given you so much patience Ma? You have 3 children but you love each one as if you love that child the most...where do you have the place for so much love, Ma? I always kid that after Akka, you and Daddy wanted a boy but got me....I know that you have never differentiated and I think I am your most favorite child kada:)??

I'm married and have a home but I still can't cook 3 meals a day (with or without working)...how do you do it inspire of working,Ma?

Now that I have a small little baby inside me...I am scared if I will be able to take this huge responsibility of bringing up the little one...the thought of sleepless nights and constant feeding is scaring me. I wonder how you did it? I know you will be here to help me with this new phase of my life holding my hand to hold the little ones'.
    I know all mothers do it but for me... You are the best. You have me life, happiness, love that I can never repay you back. This Mother's Day, I want to apologise for all the times that I troubled you...Love you Mummy.

5 people like this.
  8. abibala

abibala Silver IL'ite

Dear amma,

i am very proud to be your kid

you the first roll model to me

you the one who hold me lot till am a mom

you the one who is giving me the bunch of love

you the one who is behind me in every stage of my life

you the one who cares for me in everything in my life

you the one who is first there when am achieving great things

you the one who taught me good behaviors

you the one who laugh a lot whenever am laughing

you the who cry a lot when am crying

mom,now am also a mother to 2 kids.i can't be you.but i will try to be like you

lots of happy

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

The toothless grin….

The tousled curly hair made it right up to her dimples. She had that impish look. It was always fun and interesting to watch her.

She loved to chatter. Quite a few neighbours came in to `listen’ to her chatter. Sometimes she was silent, day dreaming? About what? we wondered.

While noodles and dosas were her favourite she had an eye on sweets be it rasagollas or mysorepak. She often tiptoed to the shelf and popped in a sweet or two.

An independent streak she did possess especially when she went to the toilet. She would bolt the door from inside and have us worrying. Was she safe? Hope she will not slip. What if the water is too hot or chill.. I have to ask the carpenter to fix a hook on the bathroom door so that we can open it from outside lest she has some trouble. That’s our worry I guess. She never did have any of these doubts and wiped her feet with a special towel.

She loved a nice outing in the car. She will demand a window seat anywhere just to watch the passers by or the vehicles or trees or birds. Boy, does she have an interest in clothes. Colours enhanced her looks. She loved red and green and blue. Those simple stripes, grey or sober shades were not for her. So red it was for her birthday.

A nice little outing was planned where we invited friends and relatives for an eat out at a new upcoming restaurant. The restaurant was informed of our arrival as we were a little more than a dozen. Three tables were put together to make it a gala dinner.

The lights went out, and out came the waiter with a huge cake and brightly lit candles. You must have seen the look on her face. Wow she did enjoy every second. There was the candle blowing. The chorus singing, happy birthday to you. From the look on her face and the toothless grin, we could make out she did not expect this huge celebration. The happiness got contagious that everyone started talking animatedly and she loved every minute. . The dinner served. She took the cauliflower manchuri with a toothpick and stylishly ate it. The ice cream came next. With the others getting on with dinner, she was fast enough to make a grab at the nearest one. She could not eat it as fast as she wanted to. Some spilled on to her dress but was she aware?. She was so adorable that all of us have planned to go out for her birthday every year.

Some difference in age you might say. Cute dimples and toothless grins, great outings and colourful dress, sweet tooth and adventurous streak, mama mine 80 plus is like a two year old grand daughter …!

sathya

happy mothers day to all ...my post may not qualify for the contest as i had posted it in my blog section long time back....but mom is mom and deserves a pat for what she has done to beautify our life...i love you mom..
    sathya

5 people like this.
  10. thapasiya

thapasiya New IL'ite

How did you find the energy, Mom
    To do all the things you did,
    To be teacher, nurse and counselor
    To me, when I was a kid.
    How did you do it all, Mom,
    Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
    Yet find time to be a playmate,
    I just can’t comprehend.