Doubt with Modular kitchen - Need quick suggestion!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by meerajesh59, Apr 16, 2013.

1. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Friends
    We are constructing a new house. My builder has started constructing the counter. He finished cement centring (concrete) and will install granite counter in a few days. I thought of going for a modular kitchen. I just now came to know that for having modular kitchen, we should not install granite counter and the carpenter will do that. I m confused.
    My question :
    1. Is that not possible to have modular kitchen with existing granite counter?
    2. shall i ask my builder to stop the kitchen work as it is with concrete work without installing granite? will this help?

Please, Help me friends. I m totally new to this

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

meena congrats on your house.

i believe for the indian style of cooking a modular based on a existing granite counter is better. and if you have already planned the shape of your kitchen L, or a pa shaped, or parallel and have got the counter placed then leave it as it is and ask your wood work person to continue.

i got my granite counter done according to my height and also have a pa instead of a l shaped that was given by the builder. my woodwork is modular but it is fine.

3. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shanvy. Totally confused on this issue yesterday. Finally called the architect today and asked him to visit the site. So that we can get some idea of what to do and what not to do. Till then I asked my stop the work in the kitchen. Your words give me some relief. Will reply back what the architect told me. Thanks again

4. subbum12

subbum12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

Dont Confuse.

I started modular kitchen after the bulider has put on the granite. Its all depends on your ideas. Anyway Modular kitchen will be starting after putting the tiles.

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Thanks. Discussed with the interior person. He adviced to have the granite counter with some measurements and to finish the flooring and wall tiles.