Getting pregnant is hard work!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashwathi123, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Ashwathi123

Ashwathi123 New IL'ite

“What’s the big deal about getting pregnant? Isn’t it the easiest thing?” most unmarried and newly married girls may think so. But they are wrong and I learnt about this in a very hard. When my husband and I decided to keep a gap of 5 years between our marriage and first child, the decision sounded very wise to us. Having just entered the corporate ladder, both of us wanted to make a mark in our respective careers and then take the plunge into parenthood. But this dream took longer to come true than we thought. Even after trying month after month, we were not able to see any success. With both of us well into our third decade and tired of frequent “advices” from family and friends, we slowly started to become increasingly desperate. From visiting temples to lighting candles at churches we did almost everything. All tests, all reports suggested that we both are healthy and completely capable and fertile to have baby. We then used ovulation strips to increase my pregnancy chances by doing it on days when I am ovulating.
    And one day, it just happened. I started having a rollercoaster feeling; sometimes I would be happy for no reason and sometimes would start crying on the most frivolous thing. I really did not understand what was happening to me and my husband thought this childlessness is driving me insane. I did not even realize that I had not gotten into my monthly periods since two months. When all these symptoms were analyzed by my mother she suggested I do a pregnancy test. And it showed positive. I was pregnant! After exactly 14 months of trying, crying, blaming, being disheartened and above all staying optimistic, I had conceived.
    Now with my daughter being over 3 months and sleeping peacefully right now, I decided to share my experience. It is not that easy to get pregnant the way you think. Yes, having sex when you are ovulating does help, but you should target the exact day. And one day, you will get the good news. My advise is don’t lose hope and stay optimistic.

9 people like this.

2. Nargisshaik

Nargisshaik Bronze IL'ite

Well said ashwathi!!!!

3. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Ad for ovulation strips? Which company/brand?

2 people like this.
  4. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

once can only get pregoo if they try during ovulation ( period of about 2-3 days) during whole menstural phase. I blame it on the hindi movies ;)

5. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

congrats Ashwathi..u must be having a great time with your daughter
    Yes its 100% right that having sex only on days around ovulation can get you pregnant..but there are people like me for whom despite of eating healthy, taking prenatals , exercising and most imp...timing sex around ovulation.. Getting pregnant twice and loosing baby for no reasons .becomes greatest sorrow of the life..sometimes i have nightmares of becoming preganant again and loosing my baby..i hope i will be able to move on with life.No pun intended here against anybody..

1 person likes this.
  6. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I am a guy but I felt like posting here.

27angel - Don't be disheartened about it. Sometimes from our side we need to try everything. Atleast we have the satisfaction that we tried from our side.

The 1st 3 months are very crucial. Many mis carriages happen during that period. These 12 weeks the fetus is getting formed so these are very delicate days so as to speak. Once it gets formed then 2nd and 3rd trimester are not that hard. Ofcourse I have seen many mis carriages happening in 2nd and 3rd trimester too.

Just have faith in god. Also when you are pregnant you need to eat many meals throughout the day but I think you already know that.

All the best.

P.S - read my signature

1 person likes this.
  7. letsknow

letsknow Silver IL'ite

@27csweetangel It happens like that for some people but don't give up hope. Have had some friends whose first few pregnancy been miscarriage/other problems but have had healthier babies later.

1 person likes this.
  8. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

well said OP
    but for some it is a real hard work that lasts for quite a long time.
    For me after trying allopathy, ayurveda, many medicines of almost all tastes, a few failed IUIs and a miscarriage, becoming pregnant seems a distant dream. Its been three full years after the miscarriage now.
    GOD only knows what plans HE has for us..

1 person likes this.
  9. chanchan

chanchan Senior IL'ite

ya true is not easy to become pregnant

now my husband and myself has planned for a baby

but my friend says first I should meet doctor if I have planned for baby

is it compulsory to meet doc

10. artcrazy

artcrazy Junior IL'ite

In a wink they grow... So enjoy every moment with the baby.. Some years later they grow big and their world is different with their own friends nd interests