1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when you are falsely accused?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by wishaka, Mar 28, 2013.

1. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Members,

This is my second thread, I don't know why am landing into relationship types of problem. One of my best friends is getting married and some lady has called her saying her marriage would not workout and few other things – I am not exactly aware of the content of this conversation.
    Apparently she got a call from a public booth that is near my house and my friend and her family thinks it was me who called. We have been good friends from school time and it really hurts to be falsely accused for things that I have not done.
    I have tried explaining, also sent her couple of emails but she has cut all my communication with me, even couple of our mutual friends have spoken to her and she does not want to talk or meet me.

How do you handle such situations?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

2. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Let your friend get married and when she is gifted with a Baby visit her with a gift hamper for her baby and get things sorted out,and at present i dont think you are by any means acceptable !

4 people like this.
  3. ss24

ss24 Bronze IL'ite

I know what you are feeling, I have been through the same a few months ago, it was a pretty much the same situation, what I did was after a few attempts of calling mailing texting her, I finally quit and just let things be.
    Last week only she called me up and apologized for everything, and wanted to be friends with me again.
    Trust me its better to let it go, and leave things the way they are.
    Soon she will be aware of the reality and realise her mistakes. In my case, someone texted my friend's mum that she has had abortion and has been sleeping with guys. I was actually shocked tried to speak to her as soon as I got to know through a mutual friend that she feels its me who has got all this done. So I let things be the way they were and now she herself called.

One advice for you, if anyone even doubts their friend of doing anything intentionally that could harm them, then I seriously doubt if that person deserves to be Our friend.
    Please don't take it personally. Its just my opinion..

7 people like this.
  4. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

This is a very valid suggestion...:)

1 person likes this.
  5. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

Hi ss24 ...thank you, I do value friendship and trust but at this point of time when it is being doubted maybe I have to just stay still.

6. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Now why be friends with some one like her???
    Just realized is this the same girl , you know the guys fiancé . You seem to be making pretty bad choices when it comes to friends

2 people like this.
  7. ss24

ss24 Bronze IL'ite

I would say better run away if she can't trust you, my friend who used to be my bff is now a little less than a normal friend and a bit more than an acquaintance.
    And honestly m fine with the way the things are coz I have actually been very dumb while trusting and loving people, so now its better to maintain some distance. I have had a history of atleast 5 6 people betraying me in friendship. So now I prefer to keep my friend circle small n limited and always try to control myself from trusting people too much. People in today's world just don't deserve it, be it friends, lover, in my case even family.

2 people like this.
  8. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Happens,
    Once I had a similar problem not the exact one but some conversation misunderstood. She avoided me like anything. And I was wondering what happened. And the worst part was her mother also ignored me. Then things got sorted out. When I told my mother what happened you know she listened to everything and said here after be careful because you are an emotional fool who does not know things. But she never stopped talking to my friend nor even avoid. That day I came to know the difference between your own mother and a neighbor aunty.

1 person likes this.
  9. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

No Endlesshope, this is my school time friend. I don't know if I made a wrong choice or what is exactly happening at my end.
    As for the previous case, I have not ventured to tell the girl about that guy.

10. wishaka

wishaka Bronze IL'ite

Very true, I am yet learning. Maybe some of us are just taken for granted and some of us trust blindly.
    Maybe it will take a while for this to resolve, meantime I am trying to involve myself in some serious hobbies and not get caught in this web.

2 people like this.