1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training etc

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetyk, Mar 14, 2013.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Lets group here for babies between ages 15 months - 18 months.

My daughter is 15 months.
    Skills, milestones and Achievements(Motor and fine motor skills):
    -> She walks and runs
    -> Can get onto sofa, sit back, get down by her self
    -> Can get onto bed and get down by her self
    -> Started eating food with texture.
    -> She loves to throw stuff.
    -> She throws toys back wards and observes whats happening.
    -> She stops upon my instruction "NO"
    -> She is picking up smallest tiny object "i inch small objects" with her thumb and index finger fine.
    -> She is putting the floor picked small stuff into the dust bin (Learned this by observing us).
    -> She responds back "yayy" when we say "yayy" :)
    -> She is showing interest in an open cup (adults cup) and drinks if we slowly offer from open cup.
    -> She loves to eat from my plate or daddy's meal
    -> She is able to feed her self some finger foods( cheetos).

Skills she needs to improve:
    1. Vocabulary???
    makes all sounds like tata, amma, anna, nana, atta etc. But she don't point to a object and specifically call the object. Like she don't say me mama. In general she makes that sound amma. I am trying to talk more. She is understanding my instructions. Like that in general she has sounds or words around 6 or 7 but not specifically to an object. Should I be concerned for her vocabulary friends??

Please join here so that we all can share there milestones, skills and areas where we can teach more etc.

love,
    sweety

3 people like this.

2. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

Friends even lets share our 15 to 18 months babies schedules here..

6 am - cow milk (4 oz)
    8 am - 8.30 am - Break fast
    10.30 am - Toddler formula or cow milk (4 oz)
    12 pm - Lunch
    12.30 - 3.30 Nap time
    3.30 - 4 pm - Toddler formula or cow milk (4 oz)
    5.30 - 6 pm - snack or toddler formula ( 4 oz)
    7.30 - 8 pm - Dinner
    8.30 - 9 pm - Milk and sleep time.

Total cow milk and formula ( 20 oz)
    fruits, cereals, rice (she is still not eating much of rice..but I am trying), soups etc..

Please also share your babies schedule friends. This will help other moms.

love,
    sweety

3. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

Re: Join me : 15 months - 18 months babies, lets share there food, speech training et

Hi sweetly,
    I am mother of 16 month old twins. Lot to share and know about them. At present both are playing. So, I can,t able to concentrate on typing about them. I will share my kids part on their nap time. Good to have this form.

4. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Welcome sumipani..wow twins..you must be on a roller coaster dear..

loads of love for your twins.

5. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

Hi sweety,

Here comes.

My girl started walking when she is 11 months and boy just last month but he catches up with her and now running with her equally .
    Both get on sofa, bed, chairs and whatever possible things they get on and off. Some time push each while get on and fall will happen.
    Motor skill are very good both of them. I use to give small chunks of fruits, soft veggies and they will pick and eat. Both are at all kind of tiny toys to puzzle. My boy love books. V read for them he enjoys reading till the end.
    Weekly once they are going to play school for 2 hrs which they are good at all type of actives there like song time, clamping room time, free play.
    They both most of the time feed by them self if the food is not mushy in the high chair. Like yogurt and apple sauce they feed them self by the spoon in play group and home. Bread , pancake, dosai like this items I use to make small pieces put in the table. They love to feed them self except my boy some times make problem.
    Words my girl started early like imitating all v talk and she try to talk as much as possible. She pin points all the things. Boy late pick but now a days he is also saying words like car, ball, dog, cat, daddy,light, and more than words he understands more what v r saying. Both of them give the animal sound which ever animal name v r saying. I thought them sign language which is working well. Play group use to teach us. It's good to express them self if in case v r not around. V speak 3 language in home to our kids. Me Tamil, my DH Telugu and both of them English for the sake of play group communication. Most of the time they both understand all 3 languages. Some time they both really struggle to understand that time v Just switch over to English which is common language for both.
    Feeding- I give what ever I cook for us is same for kids also. Only cow whole milk daily each of them take 12 to 13 OZs. 2 naps both of them will take.

6. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

If u want ur kid to pick up in words means. Have hand and eye coordination with her when u talk to her she will get the connection. U can try by saying the colors of the toys r ball like its yellow ball, red car like that. Even though its early but see the result next month u will be surprised.
    V have stricken of animals, birds, Disney character,s, all over the house walls from bedroom to hall. V use to tell all the names when they r 1 yr and lesser. Then they use to pinpoint and ask us. Now they itself tell all the names in their tone showing each stickers.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Here is my 15 months old daughter's schedule

8 AM - Cows milk
    9 AM - Breakfast
    11 AM - Snack ( Cheese with crackers / fruits / juice/ yoghurt )
    12:30 - Lunch ( Rice and dal with veggies / rice with rasam and papad/ biryani )
    2 PM - Milk
    2:30 - Nap
    5 PM - snack ( pureed apple/noodles/ Sathumaavu kanji/ smoothies)
    7:30 - Dinner ( Chapathi with curry / same as lunch / Idli with sambhar/ Mac n cheese )
    9 PM - milk

I am not giving her toddler formula....is it necassary?

She drinks around 16 - 20 oz of milk, chews few foods only:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  8. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Her vocabulary

1. Amma
    2. Anna
    3. papa
    4. Baa baa
    5. woof woof
    6. neigh neigh
    7. Baby
    8. Thatha
    9. Flower
    10. Asks for water
    11. shoe
    12. No
    13. Waves hi and bye
    14. Hello
    15. Dog
    16. Ball
    17. Points her nose , eyes , ears, head when asked
    18. shows where light is

9. sumipani

sumipani Silver IL'ite

Toddler formula is not necessary as for she is taking good amount of cow milk that too if whole milk means. The more u give milk more than 12 to 18 OZ the more they can,t take solid food. It's more important to focus on solids than milk after they crossed 1 yr.

10. katsbis

katsbis Senior IL'ite

my 17month baby's vocabulary:

mama papa go no car yaya

shows parts of the body- head hair nose ears lips tongue etc

I also equally worried about her saying such few words....but lets hope for the best.

points out at objects like keys shoes socks apple orange etc

waves hi bye kiss