Trying for pregnancy from 3+ years

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by madhun1, Feb 28, 2013.

1. madhun1

madhun1 New IL'ite

I have PCOD, so please suggest what is best way to become pregnent. I am trying from 4+ years, I folical study and also small surgery done to remove pcod, but its of no use till now. Let me know if ayurvedic or homeopathy solution for this problem.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Did you undergo any treatment to conceive in the last 4+ years other than the one to treat PCOD? Did you go for scanning recently? is the report clear?

3. madhun1

madhun1 New IL'ite

Recently I got my scan done, except PCOD all other things are normal. Last one year back I had laproscopic done for PCOD, but now again its back. Let me know if any suggestion, my husband don't want to go to IUI or IVF.

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

PCOD is caused by harmonal imbalance. So even if you get rid of it once and if you get any imbalance in future it may again give rise to it. Adopting a healthy lifestyle and good food habits only can help you in preventing this happening again along with medicines may be required to treat it.

You may go through the threads given in the index thread where ILites have shared their success stories too. YOu can also keep a watch on thread in TTC section under Family forum.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...dex-important-useful-threads.html#post2503712

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...nfertility-struggles-and-success-stories.html

Wish you all the best.

5. saran27

saran27 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    i can understand ur tension...relax PCOS is not end of world...there are crores of women in world who conceives with pcos....:)first of all to reduce the effects of PCOS
    1)if u r over weight reduce it,do walking/yoga/gym regularly and reduce at least 10% of ur current weight which will help u to ovulate on ur own....
    2)follow sugar free diet,avoid processed food and take more protein and fiber and avoid more carbohydrates(especially Rice)
    3)by prescription of ur doctor u can try metformin,which helps u interns of insulin and make ur harmones on track...and i know 3 women in my life who have PCOS and got pregnt with Metformin
    4)have IC regularly since u don t know exactly when u ll ovulate because of PCOS its always better to have Intercourse regularly (start IC soon after ur periods get over and stop only when u get ur next periods)

Hope with help of good life style u ll be a mom soon...:) baby dust to u... :)

1 person likes this.
  6. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

very good saran27

1 person likes this.
  7. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

madhu,
    there isn't any harm in trying iui ,its simple procedure.
    if u have age on ur side u can wait or do iui.
    i m alos in TTC from 4 yrs till now 6 iuis and 2 ivfs done,had conceived in 2nd ivf miscarried at 4th month.

8. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Count me as a victim of PCOS.But i got conceived and have a kid of 1 yr.

Believe me ,its just eating right, being healthy and staying positive.

Being obese(a symptom of PCOS) also prevents from geting pregnant.

Take care ladies and lots of baby dust to you all.