Trying for Second Child

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Mansi1234, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mansi1234

Mansi1234 New IL'ite

I got Married in 2004 , I had my first Kid in 2006 June, and I got conceived again Dec 2006, since we do not want baby, doctor advised me take MT Pill, my second one got aborted, I had severe bleeding for six days, We want to postpone second child for two more years when me consulted the doctor advised me to take Ovral medicine till such time we plan for second one. I for took this medicine till 2009 January. Doctor advised me stop this medicine and put me on Folvite medicine. Now I am slightly Obese, ever since we are trying conception. Now my menses is also irregular. Doctor told me that I am suffering from Insulin resistance (partly diabetic).
    I really do not know what to do any suggestion or experiences.
    :bonk

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

I really didn't want to respond but I am hopping mad. People over here are struggling to conceive even one child and there are people being irresponsible and getting pregnant, and aborting fetuses? There is no call for doing that unless the mother is in danger from the pregnancy or if intercourse was forced. I cannot bring myself to give any suggestion to you about getting pregnant again. By the way, did you just post under 2 different names? There is a very similar thread right next to yours. But with slightly different details.

PS: Birth control pills are known for wreaking havoc in many women's cycles and causing weight gain. Many women have no problem with them but many do.

3. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

I wish you had kept that kid... you would have had two grown kids now! I Have a friend who has a baby of 6 months nd s pregnant agn! And th couple was strong enough to decide to keep the baby! She says sh'e s having the time of her life nd her hubby escapes every instance he gets.. us friends go over and help out and are all in it together for them! She sez she coulnt be happier!

OP, i really have nothing to suggest... m also trying for my second but m not able to for the past 6 months! Lets wait, hope n pray!

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For Insulin resistance you need to exercises, make your diet better and let the body loose the extra weight. Healthy BMI will help you to regularize your periods and will help in conception. Try your best to control the weight gain & let your hormones to come under normal level!
    All the best.

5. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Diet and exercising should get you back on track.