Should I get back to work ?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by bhappy, Mar 3, 2013.

1. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

I have been out of work for nearly 6 years and now I have recently got a good offer in a gud decent company too and I am sure to have a good career if I take up this offer

But I have a 2.5 yr old toddler and 6week old baby at home. My parents are here to help me out for another 3 more months. After that my infant will be 5 mths to go to day care.

My mommy guilt is hurting me every minute when i think i have to get to work. The work place is only 15 min drive from my place. I am not sure if i shoud take this offer. what do you people think i should do.

please reply.

2. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

I think you should.Getting a job after 6 yrs is a good opportunity.Because,the more you delay,it will be hard to go back.
    I am in the same situation.I have a 10 month old and out of work for 4-5 yrs.

It will be very hard to leave baby initially,but if you get a good babysitter,you will be fine.

3. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

take it up... very rarely does someone get a good job after 6 years break

4. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

thanks gals, I feel i am being selfish thinking of getting back to work. my relatives are all looking at me like i am being the worst mom in the world...when i see my baby i feel pain and fear how it will be when i start to work.It's terrible :bang

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

bhappy Sister, BE HAPPY, by getting back to work,

See if you mom can extend some more time with you, there are many options otherwise, too

Otherwise you may regret later, work out that it is best suitable for the NEw Born so that you spend quality time when you are back home.

Soon thinsg will feel better, Best wishes...

6. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

thank you sai shakthi, nice to read your comments.i still have one more discussion confirm things with the company until then i am searching for a nice day care for both kids near the workplace. I will let you know if i take up the position. every second now is somewhat like attending a board exam , so nervous about kids and work.

7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

15 min from home...I think this is a wonderful opportunity. Sooner or later you would have to get back to work. Dont lose this chance to have a comfortable drive to work and be back soon for your kids. Be strong and say to yourself everyday that you are doing this for your kids' future and specially yours (You need to be busy once they leave home)...everything will be alright. You need to be strong for your babies.

8. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

You are not selfish.You are doing for your kids and of course for yourself.
    Plus,who knows you may not get an opportunity again.

9. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

hey bhappy, dont leave this opportunity, take this offer, since you have mentioned that after 6yrs of break you are getting the job offer, rarely ppl get offers after such a long break. Once you get to your routine work, you will get adjusted that environment with properly managing your kids and work. But initially, it takes time to get accustomed to the new daily routine... try to manage all this when your mother is here with you.

10. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

Thanks Everybody, It's very inspiring to read your words.

Unfortunately my last discussion with the company just got cancelled and the company HR has not got back to me.

I am looking for new opportunities. I hope i get a good job. I also learning to get emotionally strong to handle multiple things.

Thanks all !