1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Shilpama, for the kind of crap you take from your inlaws, you deserve to inherit all their property, all their relatives property and all of SILs property as well. your sil must learn to shut up really!

6 people like this.
  2. sanjana86

sanjana86 Bronze IL'ite

Lots and lots of instances to share, but for now I will only share this one that I can articulate well enough and put into proper words.

MIL: When I married, I opted for nuclear family setup rather than joint. I'd always prefer to be boss of my own home, not of my MIL's or anyone else's. Every woman needs and deserves that freedom! One should be able to build, decorate, organize and run her household according to her own set of rules, not someone else's. A woman's life is tough enough without having to bear the burden of adjusting to the requirements of a MIL, FIL etc.

Me: Oh yeah?? Then how come you want to live with me and my husband forever in a joint setup just so that you can have your son constantly with you for all kinds of support and your DIL to be your little dancing puppet? You even whine everyday how eagerly you are waiting for the day when your son (my DH) will be earning well enough to buy a luxurious house so you can move out of this place and live luxuriously with us (and dominate and terrorize me for the rest of my life in my own home, no doubt). You have such double standards, you selfish, opportunistic woman!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    6 people like this.
  3. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

How typical !! All MIL's are same.... :rant

2 people like this.
  4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Your mil !!! You must start to puke instantly when she says this

1 person likes this.
  5. sanjana86

sanjana86 Bronze IL'ite

Actually the whole time she makes me want to puke, through her words and gestures..!

I totally fail to imagine how, in spite of having raised her family in a nuclear setup with ALL the freedom in the world, she expects me and my DH to live with her forever and take her crap...! She could never stand the idea of co-habitating with her own MIL, and yet is already declaring that the moment my DH and I buy a good house or flat of our own, she will instantly pack her bags and come with us. She has loudly dominated and ruined the lives of her own husband and kids, and now wants to do that to the family that I myself dream of raising too..!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

LOL, i hear you -- there are so may things that I can only feel, can't express in words. If I could, there would be many many more posts here, each one weirder than the previous

1 person likes this.
  7. sanjana86

sanjana86 Bronze IL'ite

Yes, because most of the things about my MIL which irk me are disrespectful actions and pathetic gestures rather than actual words. Her words are very sweet and diplomatic, on the other hand. She's what you'd call a hypocrite who preaches morality and yet practices the exact opposite.

2 people like this.
  8. devi123kar

devi123kar Gold IL'ite

Sherya can't agree more..

1 person likes this.
  9. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

R u serious? U accept that?....Can anybody behave this way too...

2 people like this.
  10. sanjana86

sanjana86 Bronze IL'ite

Wow my MIL used to do the same when I first started living with my in-laws. She'd constantly nag and nag me to eat a certain fruit, usually during odd times in the day when I am full and certainly not in the mood to eat. I'd find it really fishy when she'd do that. After my refusals, she'd even go to the extent of bringing the fruit to me on a plate (providing a knife to cut it with), and then say "Eat, dear. Come on. Don't feel shy. I know you are hungry" and leave the room. As I'd cut it, I'd discover that it's fully rotten from inside...! In order to avoid having to feed rotten food to her own husband or kids, she'd try and feed them to me..! :spin

Later, when I'd report that to my DH, he'd defend his mom and even say to me, "That fruit cannot have been rotten!!! You need to test your eyes! You're putting allegations against my mom when in fact she loves you more than her own daughter! Look how lovingly she feeds you"
    (I guess this portion rightfully belongs in the other thread titled "Stories on Blind Faith...")

4 people like this.