ADIS is good or bad

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by s33038, Jan 31, 2013.

1. s33038

s33038 New IL'ite

I am confused ,some people tell adis is good and others tell it is bad....pls help me...pls send ur suggestions.....

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

MY two sons and a niece are studying in ADIS, and i feel it is best. The teaching + caring are too good.

3. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Kids are getting nice attention and support from teachers

4. s33038

s33038 New IL'ite

Thank you very much my friend for ur reply

1 person likes this.
  5. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

i am also happy with adis for my kg1 child - so far the experience has been pleasant and i am kept informed of what they are learning etc., the teachers are responsive and my child is happy
    dont know about higher standards though....

2 people like this.
  6. nishi11

nishi11 Junior IL'ite

Wow jumping Jax you are lucky to get your kid admitted there.

7. fmifmi

fmifmi New IL'ite

@JumpingJax

1. What will be the KG school timing in ADIS for this academic year starting from April ?
    2. Will they have only 1 shift starting from this year ?
    3. How frequently do they conduct open house (is it monthly) ?
    4. If you are in city, currently what is the bus pick up time in the morning and drop off time in the afternoon ?
    5. Do they have any extra curricular (like field trip, arts&craft, library etc.,) other than the academics ?
    6. Is email communication to teacher is possible ?
    7. Do you get newsletters and updates from the school via email ?
    8. Do the child get homework everyday ? If yes, then is it light or heavy homework ?

Sorry for asking too many questions ... But i want to consolidate all my questions in one go ... Awaiting answers please ...

1 person likes this.
  8. s33038

s33038 New IL'ite

r u looking for the admission in adis(2013-2014).me also waiting the 11 feb's lot.

9. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

hi fmi,

unfortunately, i cant answer all ur questions yet as i am still waiting on some answers myself
    1. not sure what the timing as it has not been made clear yet if there is a second shift. we were told last year that the second shift is for 2012-2013 only as it was assumed another branch would open in mussafah but no news on that
    2. as mentioned, not sure if there is a second shift next year. for kg it was fine as kg timings is only 4 hours but for 1st standard and above they need more time in school and this year was unfair to 1st standard i feel as they only had 4 hours a day. several parents of 1st standard have mentioned to me that they feel the standard went down with a shortened school day.
    3. open house is every 2-3 months...for kg it is enough as i have a good idea of her daily activities
    4. i drop my child in the mornings but i believe in the city the bus comes as early as 6:10 am....afternoon she is back by bus by 12 pm.
    5. there is arts and crafts, annual day, activities and a few fieldtrips but not enough in my opinion. i would have loved a few more events/dances/etc...
    6. my child's teacher was nice enough to provide her number, so if i have any problem, i can call her
    7. we do get circulars for any notices in my child's bag as well as online. also there is a website that i can check for a list of all classwork and homework for the week.
    8. usually there is homework - a little math and english every day - just as a review of what they did in class..not too heavy

hope this helps...

2 people like this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

ADIS the school is good when compared to the present schools.
    Advantages:
    Good exposure i meant extracurricular activities
    Good management
    Is an established school
    Fees is the lowest in AbuDhabi(this is the best thing about school,they offer so much compared to other schools and the fees is also low and thats the reason theres always a big rush yo ADIS)
    Teachers get highest salary and thats why teacher stay here for long unlike other schools where teachers leave the school in the middle of the term
    Mixed crowd

Disadvantages
    In higher classes the studies are poor but if the tuition teacher is good then you dont have to bother about that.i heard the girls section is lagging
    There are so many kids in one class that sometimes teachers dont recognise kids of their own class
    Because the number of kids are increasing teachers cant really give attention to all kids (this problem is more in the higher classes)
    Lottery system exists but still many people get their kids in through contacts and thats just not fair

There are 20new schools coming up in abudhabi. Thats like a never before seen thing.Because till now in abudhabi the schools were just average and none came upto the expectations of parents.But in another few yrs the scenario will be completely different.

2 people like this.