1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Bathroom Decoration Tips!!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by RagaPrasanna, Oct 16, 2010.

1. ParomaSen2411

ParomaSen2411 Bronze IL'ite

Nice tips in all. But one needs space to decorate a bathroom. I think in typical Indian homes bathrooms are quite small.

However here are my tips on making it look good irrespective through simple steps:

--colour coordination matters. So try and keep matching buckets, mugs, etc because it is pleasant to see.

--if you do not use liquid hand wash, start! Keep a transparent bottle with liquid soap at the basin all the time.

--Arrange toiletries size wise and usage wise. Bottles should be arranged big to small for instance. Even if you do not decorate your bathroom, it will still look great if you follow these simple arrangement tips.

--Try to keep it clean and dry, dry being the key word here. Keep a floor wiper or mop handy so water can be wiped away all the time. A dry bathroom eventually looks clean.

--Do keep a scent, nathlanene balls or flower vase with potpourri so it emits good smell. Although it isn't common in Indian homes, it is a great initiative to keep one.

2 people like this.
  2. latha

latha New IL'ite

3. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

some points are good

4. ns

ns Silver IL'ite

Nice cleanliness tips.

Here are some decoration tips:

1. Add scent in some way. A cute bowl with potpourri, scented candle in a nice holder.
    2. Put in a small indoor plant. There are several indoor plants that can survive through low light.
    3. On the washbasin counter, put a cute basket with spare cloth and paper napkins for guests to use.
    4. Use a basket to put extra toilet rolls, magazines / newspaper, paper towels.
    5. Put all bottles of shampoo, etc in a rack instead of putting them lose.

I have done the above in my little bathroom and wash area. For more ideas, visit pinterest.com.

5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

It's true . I want bathroom to be clean. I don't prefer to use bathroom in India because of its dirtiness . I still hesitate to use in others home too. Nice tips and ideas antway

6. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

I know I am very late here but please help on this.

I too like to keep my bathroom clean as it reflects how much clean you are and also it is the first place we see after a good sleep.Messy bathrooms spoil the mood.

I do most of the things suggested.

1.dry it after every use.
    2. bottle arrangement
    3. hidden mops
    4. alternate day washing of buckets etc
    5. clean hand towels
    6. clean mirror
    7. commode washing evry 3rd day (whenever I head wash)
    8. rock salt to absorb smell (it is suggested in Vaastu as well)
    9. put down cover of commode after each use
    10. a covered dustbin with black disposable bag.

Mine is a small bathroom.I keep napthelene balls(in wash basin and at drains to avoid the mosquitos and cockroached to appear) and odonil frangnence in bathroom. There are two entrances which I usually keep closed as I don't like the view of commode.

My issue is the smell of napthelene balls remains strong in bathroom. As soon as I enter in bathroom I feel annoyed sometime.

Any idea to avoid this?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

keep cotton/wooden balls dipped in citronella/lemon grass oil instead of napthalene. pleasant smell and also they keep insects at bay.. you get perfumed wooden balls too.

use a drain cleaner once a month so that the grime in the hose does not attract cockroaches..

1 person likes this.
  8. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

Very nice tips but i was thinking if i could find some photos too...would have given a better more idea to decorate. If anyone dont mind to take photos of the decorations would help better.

9. ChesterGray

ChesterGray New IL'ite

I read the above tips for decorating bathroom. The tips are really great and helpful for us. Decorating Bathroom is not an easy work there are having many designs which really help us to decorate the bathroom but we are unable to think about how to design it.