Foreign credential evaluation services??

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by lovinglibra, Nov 10, 2012.

1. lovinglibra

lovinglibra Senior IL'ite

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do my masters here in U.S. and many universities require me to get my marks evaluated using these foreign credential services.The most widely accepted service in majority of the universities here is by WES but WES requires all my photocopies to be attested by the controller of examination or the registrar of the university where i did my UG.I have been trying for the past 6-7 months to get it done but its not happening( and me being here and having people in india to do its just not working) and i just dont want to waste my time on it anymore.
    So I was wondering if any of you guys who came to study here or if you know anyone who studied here what services did you use and how effective were they? TIA.

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Lovinglibra;
    Did you find an alternative?

3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Nitha. Libra.

As far as I know - Every university or evaluation centers require its prospect students to send their degree certificate coipes/individual marksheet copies to be attested, stamped and sealed by the registrar at your UG university. And you would have to post those sealed enevelopes in a pkg to the evealuation center.

This tells them that the sheets are not tampered with by the student.

okay i see u online...so i will post it right away before you logout so u get to read it...and will edit it including my case.

Edit:
    Ex: I did my Engineerign from Madras University. Initially I went to Madras University Registrar office. Its near Marina Beach . Cool Roads and all that . I loved it. and there is a tea stall right outside the university on a cycle :biggrin2:.....i had horlics there while wiaitng for registrar....and it tasted super good. okay that aside. I met the registrar, he talks in super fast tamil, I nod for everythign but follow nothign and he gets angry... sends me to a lady at that small counter. She asks me what teh problem is I tell her that I need my copies to be signed, stamped and selaed by the registrar. She explains the procduere. Go to the other building, pay the fee (cashj or DD I dont meber exactly), they give you "receipt" . Bring it back to me. I will collect your papers, and submit it to Registrar. You can collect them in a week. I begged that lady and got them done the same day, think I had to pay extra for that. and wait till evenign at the univerisity.

Next: Useful for you.

I am th eUS and wish to transfer to other university. So need my transcripts again. So called my frend in Madras. Sent them scanned copies of my certs and mark sheets. Along with a letter from me addressing the Registrar, authorizing this fat guy frend of mine to submit my transcripts and collect them for me. He did.
    He was asked to come back in three days to collect the sealed envelops. he went colelcted and posted them ...adn I have not returned him the money for all this yet :biggrin2: ....who cares....

So this is the process....sorry for all the useless crap that i wrote...was in fun mood today and so recollected all that struggle at registrar office.

if your university is in a cool lplace like mine...then you can apply beg them to give in onve day and enjoy the roads while registrar is busy signignt hem for you :)

Good Luck.

2 people like this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Naksh....stand up on the bench (again!!) No No partying :partywhile up there !

1 person likes this.
  5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Nope my university is not as cool as yours.
    It is red-tape; red-tape; strikes and union politics. But I will definitely think about the scan copy idea. Let me see ; if I can ask my dad to try get it.
    Thanks a lot; Naksh.
    I am sure a lot of "prospective" students will find these info helpful.
    -Nitha

1 person likes this.
  6. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

again?? :-( :cry:

does it help to know that he took some 350$ form me some yrs back and says ...who are u to me? :biggrin2: fellow is now in india..will fidn him, hunt him down..settle their at his home.

sorry for the diversion. Sure, not a problme Nitha. Yeah just have someone go in person , talk to the registrar form ur univ first, and find the procedure. there will be some. Hope you are able to get thigns done quickly. Good Luck.

7. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

You have Transcripts?

8. lovinglibra

OK guys here was the problem with me unlike ur university mine doesnt hand out the sealed enveloped in ur hand or to another person they just refuse to even if u pay them , they say they want to post it by themselves.Then how are u suppose to know if they posted it or not . For all the money that u pay they take their own time and post it through registered mail or regular mail you just dont know and they wont courier it also......Its just ridiculous and frustrating at times....

So anyway i found another evaluation center in US that doesnt require you to get ur marksheets attested from india but this center requires u to send ur original certificates so they can verify that the marksheet is not duplicate.I used express delivery and got it done because i wanted my originals back ASAP.

So i guess it depends on the university...mine was MGR Medical University....

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

lovinglibra; which evaluation center was this? I have some fear on sending the originals; there is a couple of them in chicago and CA; I was wary of sending the originals.

10. lovinglibra

I used the one in CA because its closer and it felt safer , moreover they can mail it to you faster and it at all something goes wrong its easier to go in person and figure it out.....