Mommy to be July 2013

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Mommyhoney2012, Nov 9, 2012.

1. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Helpmeangel,

I understand your situation.. even i dont like my kids growing somewhere.. and call us Uncle/aunty.. b'cas they forget our faces..

But you could satify them, by inviting them to USA and stay with you after birth for 6 months.. and then you can plan for a short trip to india and come back with them to USA again..for another 6 months.

Else you guys have to plan for your career in india..(I am totally against leaving my kids in hostels/ staying away from them..) They have very much rights to take care of ur kids.... You cant trust anyone better than your inlaws for taking care of your kid.. at the same time.. parents should be near to the kids..

Regarding 2nd baby.. i am not sure whether you will be able to plan immediatly..(atleast you need to wait for 6 months after birth i feel.. b'cas during lactation time, you wont conceive... its a natural restriction.. god has given..thats what i heard from others..Not sure whether its 100% correct..)

I have seen my sis in law (Brother wife) mother is taking care of elder daughter's son from birth onwards..(b'cas she got conceived immediately..after first birth..now that kid is calling grandma as 'Mom' and Grandpa as 'Dad'.. his age is 7 and till now he wont stay 1 night also with own mom and dad..) if some one dont know the story behind this.. they feel akward to hear that..

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I would say a big no ...no matter how much grand parents love your child, it can't compare to parents love :)

The best part of having kids is raising them. Yes you can invite them every 6mnts to visit and help you with the kid, but do not agree to packing your kid off to India ....you will regret it.

3. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Chitra and Rose,

After seeing your replies, my confusion is gone. Like you both stated, I will call my parents for 6 months and my in-laws for 6 months for the next two years or so till I can take care of my baby on my own or maybe peruse a day care center. Phew! My mind is relaxed now! Thanks dears!!! :)

4. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

Hi lovely ladies..

Went for scan today.nice experience.saw our baby and heard the heart beat.

Everything is fine.doc took 15mins to take the scan.for some people it will take even 45 mins it seems.

Saw baby's head, hands and legs.baby was jumping it seems.

God am really gonna be a mother..am soo happy.

Hope u all enjoy the scan soon..all the best.

Take care

5. hermioneron

Dear Helpmeangel..

No way.don't ever leave ur child with anyone for a long time.hmmm some how they 'll influence ur kid.iam sure u 'll miss them so much and regret the decision later.take care dear.

6. daddysangel

daddysangel Silver IL'ite

Hi hermioneron :)

Must be a nice experience na ....!!! So you are in which week of your pregnancy?? Take care :)

7. daddysangel

daddysangel Silver IL'ite

Hi to all ladies :)

I have one query.... what is the time gap dat you guys have been advised between each check up....?? I mean is it monthly?? Because I had my first scan on 6th december,,,dat was my 6th or 7th week i guess.... Doc made us hear the heartbeat and showed us the yolk sac also....but she dint tell me anything about my next scan... So what do you guys think?? when should be my next visit??

8. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Daddysangel,

Your doctor would have suggested you the next visit time..(Generally my doctor suggest 2-3 weeks time..) and she prescribes medicines also till that time.. since yours is normal pregnancy.. you can expect next scan will be NT Scan which will be done in 12-14th week..

9. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Mathu,

When is ur NT Scan is scheduled??

10. hermioneron

Hi daddysangel,

S t was an amazing experience.tomorrow 'll complete my 12th week.I was at to take scan tomorrow.since Dr is taking leave I took the scan 3 days earlier.

Ur next visit will be for nt scan and blood test.during 12th-14th week.at tat time they 'll include calcium and iron tablets.

Have a happy pregnancy.do update us..

Take care.