Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha,
    Thankyou.
    Spread it on dosai & make thayir dosai. It is very nice. Use it with a cheese slice as sandwich filling - fusion cooking !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hello Chitra Madam,

God bless!!! you are just an amazing person !!! :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

I get to know lot of recipes only through you.

Can I have a request. My husband told me that his athai(aunt) makes the best onion araichuvitta sambhar. I want to try that and impress him. Can you please post that recipe for me??

Thanks a ton!!!

3. Chitvish

Dear Nand,
    Welcome to this sub-forum.
    Thanks for your nice words.
    The recipe you have asked for is already given by me. Please go to the recipe index & 1st post on kuzambu recipes. It is given as Small onion sambar.
    Do try it & impress your DW !
    Goodluck !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks much!! Sorry for troubling you :hide: didnt check the index properly I guess..

BTW, I am Nandhini :mrgreen::mrgreen: and I am going to impress my hubby with your recipe.

Will let you know!!

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites

I tried Chitvish's Elaneer Payasam for a get-together party with my friends.
    As the intro for the payasam says, the taste is irresistible. There are two variation for thickening the payasam - corn flour or custard powder. I tried vanilla flavored custard powder with elaneer.
    The color, taste, texture everything is just out of this world. I was just helping myself with this payasam as and when my eyes set on it. Just had several helping of the payasam while preparing in the name of checking up the sweetness, and few more during the party and yet another after the guests left and still one more when I was transferring and stocking it in the fridge.

All you ladies out there just try this payasam and you will fall for the taste.

Happy payasam sessions in your kitchen

Dear Chitra
    Thanks for this yummy and yet easy to make elaneer payasam. Hope you could come up with lot more such innovative dishes.
    Also am planning to try Strawberry basundhi. Probably for the next party.
    Catch you later.

6. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dearest Chitra,
    Thanks for your tip will start the prep work today. Wish me good luck since I have to make this dish in a large amount.
    Today I prepared pomegranate rasam absolutely outstanding!!!!!! delicious,mild and also very attractive, ruby red rasam.I did grind the seeds in the blender to extract the juice, is that how you do Chitra? Nombu also went well with both your adais. Thanks for all your efforts Chitra. Will come back soon with potluck results.
    Love,

7. Chitvish

Dear Laxmi,
    A less frequent visitor to my forum - oh, I am so honoured that our "technical brain" is visiting us here !
    With the scorching summer already setting in, elaneer payasam is an ideal dessert now !
    So to get the strawberry basundhi FB, when is your next party,Laxmi??:-D
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    This is a very easy recipe for bulk preparation since frying is the main job.
    Since you did not send a FB for Pom rasam, I was wondering if I did not post it ! So I went & checked, since you love fruity rasams !:drool
    Now, only orange rasam remains (if I have not already posted it, ofcourse!).
    I shall await your FB about potluck results !
    Love,
    chithra.

Thanks for your tip will start the prep work today. Wish me good luck since I have to make this dish in a large amount.
    Today I prepared pomegranate rasam absolutely outstanding!!!!!! delicious,mild and also very attractive, ruby red rasam.I did grind the seeds in the blender to extract the juice, is that how you do Chitra? Nombu also went well with both your adais. Thanks for all your efforts Chitra. Will come back soon with potluck results.
    Love,[/quote]

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hello mam,
    Gdmorning.
    As u said regarding the sago cutlet ,i now remember the oil was very hot n i did try 2 turn the cutlets a bit early.s, it is my mistake.
    but i noticed tht these cutlets do absorb a lot of oil compared 2 other .is tht normal ?
    2day morning the BF is ravaidli(repeats) frm ur receipe.got excellent idlis!!!

Thanks mam for guiding me n for all ur receipes.
    Warm regards
    raji

10. Chitvish

Dear Raji,
    Very often, hurriedly turning over "fries" results in breaking them. If the oil has become very hot, drop the vadais & immediately lower the lame. Wait for 2-3mts & the turn over. Yes, this sago cutlet does absorb oil because of potato content. I keep 2 kitchen tissues in 2 plates & transfer from one to the other so that as much oil is absorbed as possible.
    Rava idli is fool proof so long as you follow my version verbatim!
    Thanks, Raji.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.