'Mom-to-be' in November 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Beryl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Sowjanya. :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood.
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Hope soon your baby will cope up with latching! :thumbsup

HI Gargeshu,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies. :) You can find our forum guidelines here..
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

Hi Arefaamin,
    Congrats. :)
    GOD bless your LO! Hope the baby will pick up the weight soon! All the best!
    Enjoy motherhood.
    Take care of yourself & your LO!

HI Devanshi,
    I think formula is much tastier than breast milk, so naturally baby will try to prefer formula once given.
    Try to manage things. Hope you will get the necessary help and support. Hope soon baby will cope with mom's trouble & pass her supporting hand to you soon! Take care. All the best!

2. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi Devanshi,

Very sorry to know about the pain u r going through, I too am very disturbed these days reg feeding my daughter. I used Galakot tabs initally when i wasn't lactating. The tabs really helped me feed my baby adequately. These tabs are available in ayurvedic shops and there are very few medical stores around our colony. Refelling the tabs is a big issue so i stopped taking them and i notice drop in milk secretion and i had to give formula milk to my baby. It actually hurts seeing her take formula milk. I feel i am suddenly crippled and dependent on my hubby for everything. I cant blame him for not getting me the tabs as he is completely busy with his work from morning till evening. Thankfully there is a general store nearby and has Lactogen. I drive and get it whenever it needs to be refilled.

Though i eat good amt of garlic, dalia with milk and other foods that help generate b'milk i dont see much difference at times i feel the little milk i am able to feed my baby is due to the food i am eating... I manage to B'feed my baby only 3-4 times a day rest she is exclusively on b'feed. Before she takes b'feed i put her on my breasts and within 10min she screams as there is nothing coming and i have to prepare formula milk. I make a note of how much formula milk she takes in a day and i have noticed that she takes abt 1/4ltr of formula milk, rest is breast feed.

Recently i have noticed that i have to give her atleast 30ml of formula milk even after 40min of breast feed. Which means her tummy feels heavy only with it. I was told by the pediatrician that formula milk is heavier than Breast milk and lil ones get used to it as it keeps their tummy full for long hrs and their sleep is not disturbed.

I get so stressed out at times... dont know what to do... i am disturbed to an extent that i dont feel like talking to my husband. Dont feel like eating properly.. thinking that as it is lil one is getting used to formula milk. Feel so helpless.... My mom poor lady is so worried for me, as i am horribly neglecting my diet and schedules.

i try to meditate for 10min whenever i get time to stop the negative thoughts, but at times it takes over my brain.

Only relief i have is my daughter latches on to me when i take her to feed. All i do is i put her on my breasts everytime she has to take formula milk. This way i noticed that she takes very less formula milk, for instance a 5week baby has to take abt 120ml of milk 4-5 times in a day, she takes only 60-90 ml 3-4 times in a day totaling it to 190- 200 ml in the whole day. The pediatrician says to continue that way...

So till the time ur other breast heal try to put her on ur breast everytime u have to feed her formula milk. wishing u recover at the earliest and enjoy feeding ur baby.
    sudha

(Sorry for such a long post... just wanted to share...my pain)

1 person likes this.
  3. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Hi SM & Maaya... Hope u ppl delivered and ur babies are fne..:)

1 person likes this.
  4. vidhya2810

vidhya2810 Silver IL'ite

Hi frns I'm very much happy to share with u this gud news:) God blessed our family with a boy baby on last saturday :) both were fine:)

5 people like this.
  5. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I delivered my cute princess on 19th. super excited about motherhood. Baby had jaundice in beginning, so doc wants me to supplement my feeds with formula. she breastfeeds well, about 10 times a day. I had lottttts of latching troubles initially but am overcoming slowly.

devanshi, like you my breast skin also peeled, and i could see flesh, but i havent gone to a doctor, it healed on its own. I could see red flesh on both nipples and it used to pain terribly with each feed. I used to literally go through hell, but I have been applying the nipple cream and also using nipple shield as often as I can.

i can understand your pain, but please don't give up. The only way to succeed at this is to keep feeding, no matter what and our baby responds automatically.
    even now, i have to give formula to baby to increase fluids, so jaundice will go away.

been busy and happy seeing the little one..

sownjanya, hearty congrats to you as well.. isnt it the best feeling to see a smile on our LO's face?

Sudha, please dear.. don't let yourself go into depression. the fact that we are blessed with such cute LO's is worth more than whether they are bottlefed or breast fed. that said, I understand your situation.

love,
    SM

3 people like this.
  6. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi success minded

Congrats to you and your DH. Enjoy motherhood... do update about birth story

7. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

Dear SM, many many congrats on the arrival of your cute princess! I can very well imagine how happy you are feeling esp to see your daughter smile.... It's indeed an out of this world feeling. I am glad that you are BF and have got over latching problems.

In my case it wasn't just a case of sore nipples, but a chunk of flesh had actually come out with a lot of bleeding.. It was my worst nightmare and my gyny had dressed my wound and I couldn't bf on that side for ten days now. I was highly depressed bcos I my LO was almost only on formula for some days. I was sure that I had lost my supply and my confidence hit a major low. I was crying myself to sleep. Finally I have just decided to start feeding without worrying about how much I am making or all the tons of stress. I have left it to God. If I get my supply back ...super else whatever I am still making, LO gets that much at least. Whatever it turns out to be I must say that this has been the worst ten days and I have stressed too much and been a big fool at times. Hope you all forgive my vent.

Sudha, after reading the above you can very well know how much I understand your pain and frustration. I hope and pray that you are feeling better now and your situation has improved. Hang on and keep going.

Vidya, many congrats to you too. How is our LO doing?

Sowjanya, are you able to feed now? How is your LO doing? Do update us.

Wishing all other mommies the very best..

Love,
    Devanshi

1 person likes this.
  8. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Devanshi, SM, Vidhya, Sowjanya Congrats to all of you!!!Enjoy motherhood...

I am still pregnant:(Tomorrow evening 29th I have my final appt on my due date..let's see....

2 people like this.
  9. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

hey all,

My princess arrived on 25th Nov. Had a C-sec as i had past 9days over 9months and still had no symptoms of labour. doc was worried about the baby swalloing miconium poop so had to go for OT.

Baby weighed 3kg at birth and is perfectly doing well, latching is soo good that nurses were surprised at her skills though i was not getting full milk initially but her latching has helped a lot.

Congrats Vidya,SM and Arifamin on arrival of ur bundle of joy :)

Sudha,as SM said don't let yourself go into depression. Soon things will change, the fact that your cute pie is in your arms is more important. cherish the moment as days pass soon and live only memories behind.

Devanshi and SM all i can say is just dont give up when we could struggle all the way through 9 months just to hold our baby in our arms then will these bruises and pain matter to see a smile on our baby's face??? will pray for your speedy recovery take care dears.

will update the birth story later.

2 people like this.
  10. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi devanshi,

my my!! flesh coming out is too much! my heart goes out to you dear. i pray that you recover soon. i am sure you will be happily able to feed your lo soon.. my prayers

zainab, congrats!! how is your princess doing?

sudha, devanshi, even though i feed my LO with supplement only once a day, i feel so bad when she finishes her bottle as I feel I am supposed to feed her.. so i can completely imagine what you both are going through. may you overcome your problems soon..

best,
    SM