Denied Abortion, Indian woman dies in Ireland

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ssm014, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sweet25

sweet25 Junior IL'ite

Yeah sooo sad.......i was shocked listening to this.....THe country's law should be changed.......

2. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

The laws in that country do not permit abortions. I hope they bring about a change in the law soon. This is really tragic.

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

It appears to be a sad case of medical negligence, if the foetus was removed then why did she develop infection? This happens when the abortion is carried out improperly. Maybe religion is being quoted to give the medical staff a clean chit.

1 person likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Abortion is illegal in many countries because of the religious influence, but it also has some space to include such exceptions. For example, it is legal to abort a baby of a gang rape, it is legal to abort a baby if that is medically a risk for the mom. So, for medical and legal reasons, it is very much possible to perform abortion, anywhere.

I this particular case, I think the cruel doctors tried to be extra protective on their jobs at the cost of this innocent mom. Also, the simply used religion in order to escape from any allegation of crimes.

I wonder why this woman was not given any pain killers, at least? Is that also religiously prohibited?