1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Push presents- What is your opinion on this one?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sdiva20, Nov 14, 2012.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Okay so this is my first post and so far I have not seen one on this topic.

All married ladies and gentlemen- What do you think of push presents? For any not familiar with this term, it is usually a gift a husband gives the wife after child birth in gratitude for giving him the biggest joy of all in life :)

P.S singles also chime in.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

This is usually a contentious issue among many even in US. Mainly because some women really expect their husbands to give them something really expensive. Obviously for any mother, a healthy baby is the biggest gift of all.

But I think usually in Indian culture, new mothers are given lots of gifts and pampered a lot during and after pregnancy. My father gave my mom gifts after her deliveries. So my take is if the husband wants to buy something for his wife that is really sweet. It does not have to gifts- what did your husband do to make you feel loved?

Please share what was your experience. What is the best most touching thing your husband did after your delivery?

3. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Oh, please. Why do we have to tie everything to material things? Isn't the birth of a child enough? I don't like the idea of Push Presents.

1 person likes this.
  4. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Aaahh! This post makes me sad. Well I dint get any. Wouldve been thoughtful of my husband if I got one, wouldve definitely cherished it.

Lets hear what other have to say about their experience.

5. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

I've never heard of it before. Is it an Indian custom?

6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

That is why I said - does not have to be material- it can be the special care and understanding that husbands bring into the relationship. Men dont feel everything women go through no matter how much they read and are part of it. Love and understanding of what a women goes through go a long way in strengthing a relationship.

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow! New concept.

what if the baby takes a detour on way out?

[​IMG]

Does mommy still get "push" present? :)

sorry for bright pic... is Diwali!

note to self: you will not, shalt not, should not ask about corresponding present for dad. behave. :)

2 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Just want to add that- the post is not to judgemental but more to take in a lighter fun sprit.

No mother or father would say anything but a healthy baby is the biggest gift.

I believe it is an overwhelming and joyous occasion for any parents and the mother experience it first hand. Husbands are mostly helpless when their wives go through so much to go birth to their child. And so each and every father responds to the overwhelming moment in different manner. Whatever way they express their joy, as long as it is sensitve to the mother, there is no right or wrong wayy.

9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I don't think even if is it is, anyone will call it that :). But a few months ago a good friend of mine who was expecting was telling me about it. I was taken aback simply because she had something very specifc she wanted from Cartier :)

@ Rihanna- if you mean c-section- well good question because that is had she had and she still got her "push present".

In India, I am sure not many mom's are mentioning push presents- mostly token gifts to commorate birth rather than demands of expensive jewellery :)

10. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Rihana you made me laugh real loud ROFL....

I have heard of a friend get a lovely necklace set from her DH for her delivery which he gave immediately after delivery and said to her "THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME SUCH A LOVELY GIFT"

I was so happy to hear that.

PS : i love the concept, though i didnt get any.