1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you Like about your MOTHER IN LAW

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravyakekade, Nov 7, 2012.

1. divyapnair

divyapnair New IL'ite

My MIL is a very good cook. Sometimes I feel no one can beat her in cooking. Mine is a nuclear family. We stay at my in-laws place hardly 2 weeks(not continous) in an year. The good thing is that in these 2 weeks she wants her son to have yummy food made by her and hence she doesn't allow me to enter kitchen. So I have complete rest for these 2 weeks as she will take care of cooking, FIL will take care of my 2 yr old DD and maid will take care of cleaning, washing and the rest of things ... :)
    Otherwise my life is a rollercoaster ride as I am a working mom with no maid or other help around. I do like visting my moms place. But as she is not healthy, I will be helping her in daily chores and won't be able to take any rest.

2. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Top qualities that I liked in my (late) MIL :

a) Never bad mouthed people. Not once has she bad mouthed me to anyone, or anyone else to me.
    b) My husband is someone who attaches lot of importance to values. This is totally a result of HER upbringing.
    c) She could easily appreciate people.
    d) She imbibed good values in her grandchildren. (Unfortunately she passed away by the time my son was born.)
    e) She NEVER indulged in unnecessary gossip. People have never been a subject of her discussion, in a bad way.
    f) Last but not the least, she always kept herself well informed about current affairs.

Thanks OP for bringing up this topic. Wish I get the same person as my MIL in the next janmas too.

2 people like this.
  3. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

the upbringing of my husband is her best quality . i admire her for the charity she does .. ... and she never go and gossip around with relatives or friends.. she's a very good cook .... apart from some silly issues , she's a very good person with many qualities

4. anupandit

anupandit New IL'ite

My MIL nature is 50-50 :( :). means sometimes she treat me like her daughter, but sometimes she behave very cruel like typical SAS.
    Good thing : She make very yummy masala rice, i just loved it,
    I just hate her shouting voice, and dominating nature... :-X

5. shravyakekade

shravyakekade Senior IL'ite

Something Happened...

I fell down last Saturday and badly got hurt.. My knee , My Waist bone and my foot are badly hurt... My husband stayed home back with me on Monday.. I was not able to walk and trust me when my MIL got to know about it.. She was like almost going to cry.. She got worried, The way she was instructing me to take care trust me my mom did not care much this time( I am sorry Maa... I know you are stuck with other probs) But this time lets say something like Mujhe Apne Maa Ki kami Mehsus nahi Huee :) I love My MIL.
    Thanks a lot for being my second MOM

3 people like this.
  6. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

In real life if a woman said the above, i would suspect it as a lie. But in an anonymous forum like this, I trust what you say about your MIL. No one lies in such forum in front of unknown strangers. Yes your MIL is an exception. She is 1 in 1000. Your emotion of seeing an affectionate mother in your MIL is so amazing.

It is also true that exceptions are exceptions. The remaining 999 MILs are Monster In Laws. If all MILs are like your MIL, then 70 % of marital disputes won't arise at all.....this planet would have been a lot better place to live for mankind.

7. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Tried to think really hard but I could not find anything that I like in her....We get along well, but that being said I do not like anything in her personality....And in my case I am glad that my husband (the apple) fell, far, far away from the tree

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Really? :) Women might lie in real life but in an anonymous forum no one lies? :)

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That makes you one lucky Eve. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Oh come now IG there are other ways to score brownie points from DILs in the forum.

3 people like this.