Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear cm
    Today i prepared oats idly the taste was yummy but the idly did not bloat that is it was flat and hope it would take slightly longer time to cook than the ordinary idlies. It tasted good and i had it with avial which was a repeat. Thank You so much.

2. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    How are you???? I owe you a feedback,excuse me for the delay:cry: Here are some of the dishes I prepared while I was missing from IL.
    Jackfruit Halwa,vegetarian omlette,curry leaf idli, lemon dhal,beans moog Thanni kuzambu,dates rasam,carrot methi subzi,date and tomato pachadi,paneer corriander paratha,pasta vegetable cheese. Each and every item was delicious beyond words,be it from dieting section or indulging section.:-D :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown to you.
    I have one question planning to make Banana bread balls for a weekend pot luck. Can I make it the previous day and deep fry it just before the party? When you mention banana is it plantain? Thanks in advance. Will be back with more feedbacks.
    Love,

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepa,
    Welcome back !
    Are you back on your feet or limping back to normalcy?
    Anyway, it is nice to have you back !:-D
    If you are not very mobile, this kichdi, being a single pan cookery is easy to make !
    Thanks, Deepa.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear SB,
    Oats idli will not bloat, but will be comparatively flat.
    After full steaming for 5 mts, switch off the stove & give a resting time for 5 mts. Open & remove after that. Idlis get completely cooked, that way.
    So long as you liked the taste, I am happy, SB !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Radh(a)njana,
    Nice to hear from you.
    Next time, if you say that you owe me an excuse, I am really going to "get angry" !Rant
    Please do not make me feel like a strict school teacher !
    With your long list, you have more than made up for your spell of absence !!
    By banana, I mean the ripe fruiiit - vazai pazam. It is a mildly sweet dish. Yes, make the balls & keep in the fridge. Thaw for 15 mts & deep fry. It gets cooked fast.
    Thankyou, Radha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitramma

Loong absence from IL. Sorry.

I didnt try much of the recipies since I do the basic cooking only like kootus, rasams, poriyals etc. But have to say , your tips, jiffy cooking methods have helped/ helping me a lot now as I spend only half an hr in kitchen before my backache starts.
    I make the boiled dhals, ready cut onions, idlis, cut veggies as per your intructions and they are wonderfully time savers.

I tried the MW thirattuppal with condensed milk last week as it is a very simple recipe. Needless to say it was delicious. The cooking was easy too. I have one Q, is there any tip for making it taste a bit less sweeter. M loved it but said it was too sweet. (So I had the chance of finishing it off, which I enjoyed, ofcourse in the pretext of not wasting it, throwing my nagging mind (fatty,fatty, calories) away.

Thanks a lot.

Love
    Vijee

7. Chitvish

Dear Vijee,
    Today seems to be the day, my long-lost friends are coming with FBs. You are next only to Deepa & Anjana.
    MW thiratipal cannot be made less sweet because we add condensed milk. May be if you get evaporated milk there in tins without sugar, you can try with that adding less sugar. But I just tell yopu - since I have not tried it, I cannot guarantee sure shot success !
    Good that the tips are helpful to you.
    Take care Vijee.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    had made the rava dosai mix and preserved it.
    Made rava upma yesterday as per your recipe. It was tasty and the texture and looks were good.Only hitch was the oil, I should use less oil than what you have specified for myself. When I make it for guests, it will be suitable because people prefer it that way.
    Made aapam and veg kurma for breakfast today. Wow is the word. I find that when I make the aapam with cold batter (not forzen), it gives more fluffy aapams.
    About to prepare for coriander parata and freeze it.
    thanks, thanks, thanks...........a zillion!

9. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Zillion, zillion thanks.
    I always stock ravadosai mix - nothing like that for a short notice tiffin.
    For least oil make lapsi upma - but cutting oil short in rava upma will result in
    Throat-choking upma like gum !
    Thanks for the prompt FBs.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Friends,
    For karadayan nombu adai recipe,please go to
    Nombu adai
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status: