1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship with younger person

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Nam2980, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Nam2980

Nam2980 New IL'ite

Hi, Am new here...so hello to all!!
    to tell things briefly ,i have started going out with someone much younger than me....started as frnd n still think we are....no reason to believe otherwise....we speak when we get time, chat online...msg each other goodnites......so is it wrong to feel comfy with someone beyond ur peer group...?? anyone else like tht??? we do express feelings of strangeness why we r so comfy with each other....but somehow it gets washed up in the banter :D
    Let me know of any interesting perspectives of acceptance, expectations n past experience!!!-Nam

2. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

Do you mean like bf/gf or just friends? If it's just friends it's no big deal. I've got good friends 30 years older to me. We get along great.

3. Nam2980

Nam2980 New IL'ite

Difference abt a decade.....its just tht never had a fulfilling relntn with a younger person....so i'm wondering abt his expectations with this....just need a perspective....am afraid to ask lest i offend him.....we r sort of inseparable....we like chatting up, meeting up over coffee..thts it....
    feedback n responses r appreciated:)

4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

It is better to stay away and maintain distance as age gap is decade. It might happen that he might get or move on with another women of his age and you would feel bad and left alone..though it is still friendship..it is waste of developing attachment which might not last long.

4 people like this.
  5. bharatchowdhary

bharatchowdhary New IL'ite

I agree with Lakshmi, if he moves away in later stages you can't bare..so it is better to avoid him now itself, else it may affect your regular life..

6. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

Just friendship? If so, I don't see a problem. I'm friends with a lot of older women who are my mom's age. So what if he gets married and moves away? That's also a part of life. Do you keep in touch with your friends from your school days? Some of them maybe, most of them probably not. Friendships come and go.

7. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I too agree with what Lakshmi says. You cannot bare the loneliness, I think it is just reaching the danger zone. Please come out from that for your sake. Divert yourself in something else, keep engage yourself. Try to avoid him slowly. Don't try to find reasons to meet, talk and msg. Otherwise you yourself will go into problems.

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

The above words say, what you are having with him is undoubtedly the beginning of a commited relationship, attachment or love. PLEASE DO NOT CHEAT YOURSELF THAT IT IS STILL A FRIENDSHIP. You are already into love with him. First accept the reality to yourself.

1 person likes this.
  9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

A curious question.

Nam is the starting letters of your name, that is obvious. But 2980 is your Date of birth? 2-9-1980?

If it is so, then you are in 30s and he is in 20s. This wont work out.

10. letsknow

letsknow Silver IL'ite

If you guys really like each other, there is no reason why it wont work out. There are many people who have dated younger then them and has worked out. Just be true to you feeling and express what you feel. Age is in mind.