Schools in Trivandrum!

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by ANK, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Lively

Lively New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been enquiring about schools in TVM for the past few months. From the feedback that I have received in other forums and from friends, Christ Nagar International School appears to be a good choice. Christ Nagar International school offers IGCSE syllabus and is located in Kowdiar along with Christ Nagar state board in the same campus. Christ Nagar CBSE is at Thiruvallam. Class strength in Christ Nagar Intl is neither too big nor too small from what I have heard. The school is known for its discipline, so that's a positive factor. I have also heard that the focus is more on academics and not much on extra-curricular activities. I'll post more details as I gather them.

2. smiles4dia

smiles4dia Junior IL'ite

hi chitra,pls let me know more details about this school.who is running it?and which is the preschool?the name?i am putting my child in preschool in kowdiar soon.

3. chitramahesh

chitramahesh New IL'ite

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't check the forum for some time. School name is GreenValley International School. School is run by Former principal of sarvodaya (Eapen Antony) and preschool is located in Gowreesha pattom. Visit their preschool and see the difference. I was impressed and already put my son in the preschool and excellent child centric system and one of its kind in Trivandrum.

4. rashmijoy

rashmijoy New IL'ite

Hi There Everybody ...I am a mother of two kids one in std I and the other one in LKG ...right now they are studying in Good Shepherd Akullam , But i am seriously not happy with the school ,do u guys know anyone who has send their kids there ? I am seriously contemplating about changing their school for the next academic year, can u seriously suggest nice schools in trivandrum? We just moved to trivandrum 3 yrs back not too familiar with the academics, i jus need a school which gives the required attention , strength should be less nice extra curricular activities , CBSE or ICSE i have no problem

Also give me more details abt green valley school peyad like telephone no

5. rashmijoy

rashmijoy New IL'ite

Also can u give me more information about trivandrum international school is it really worth it , I mean after paying those fees we should get a really good quality in both academcs and extra curricular thts all

6. chitramahesh

chitramahesh New IL'ite

GreenValley International School - 8606533331

Check out their kindergarten at Gowreeshaa pattom.

7. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

christ nagar, loyola , BVB all good

8. psvadivu

psvadivu New IL'ite

Hai,

Though have joined long back indusladies this is the first post. Since this is the first time my husband is relocating from chennai to trivandrum and we are on the lookout for schools for my kid who is in 6th std. Based on the details on the school thread any idea about admission during the middle of the academic year in Loyola/Christ/BVB possible?
    How difficult is here in getting admission in any of the top CBSE schools in trivandrum as compared to Chennai. He studied in Schram Academy, Madhuravoyal in Chennai

Thanks in advance. Am also doing online research and enquiring with friends and family, shall post any information that i get.

Regards
    S Vadivu

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. Lively

Lively New IL'ite

Christ Nagar International

Update:

Visited Christ Nagar International and met the Principal. School is very clean with a nice ambience. It is in the same campus as Christ Nagar ICSE and Christ Nagar State Board in Kowdiar. It's in a separate gated building. Minimum noise. Class strength is medium - about 25-30 kids per class which is very good by TVM standards. No discipline issues - the principal is very strict. Best part: I got to speak and interact briefly with current 10th and 12th grade students. And I was impressed by them - very confident and articulate. I got firsthand feedback about the school from them. The school is rigorous about academics :thumbsup. The teachers have to mandatorily stay back everyday after school to help with student needs. In addition, parents can meet teachers on Fridays for feedback, additional help etc. Only downside I see is not much emphasis on extra-curricular activities compared to other local schools. Overall a good school.

10. dashami

dashami Silver IL'ite

Hi, has anyone got any comments on arya central school?