1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want to mention this to MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by priyanka12345, Oct 19, 2012.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

If you remember, I had mentioned my MIL talk bad abt my parents saying they have not taught me how to have the diya jyot towards the idol.
    It seems I had lit the diya and the jyot of that was not properly in line with idol.
    However I remember it was not opposite atleast.

Now I had my DS birthday and we were doing arti for him. I did it properly. My MIL first applied kumkum then she moved the thali round round and then applied rice granules and supari.. which is not proper way..
    MY MILs sister did it in right way. Later when my SILS did that arti, they constantly kept asking my MIL how to do etc etc..
    I was somuch laughing inside and angry as well, that MIL has not taught SILs but blamed my parents for that simple thing :(

I feel like mentioning this to her in someway or other.. how do I do that?

2. sparkly

sparkly Bronze IL'ite

so funny..seriously this is too much your MIL just want to taunt you for no reason..you can mention her like talking about the function and telling her with smile on your face that girls our age(sils n u if u guys are of same age) dont know properly may be because of collage studies n stuff..tell her in joke that why dont you take class to teach us how to do pooja properly..you can tell this infront of your sils so they will also join you..but the way you say all this is important..dont show what you feel inside..but show that the incident was funny and you are joking about it.

3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hi Priyanka,
    I know this is not a answer of your question but I will say leave this thought, you will gain nothing. & this revenge silsila will continue between two of you.

This is not that I am just advicing you, I know how it feel bad when someone talk about your upbringing. My MIL also makes statements easily about my mother & father & it hurts a lot.

But I learnt this from Indusladies only that Forget & Forgive. This helps us to keep peace of mind & family.

Sorry if you feel anything bad.

7 people like this.
  4. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Samidha. Why do you want to trigger a chain reaction from your side?

What do you think? You think that your MIL would have not thought about what she said to you during that moment ?definetly yes.

Dont make obvious that you have her taunts still in your mind.
    Let time answer everything.
    Laugh within yourself for the way your MIL behaves. That makes you happy right? So what is the point in publicizing it?

Being the present generation girls we should show them that our education has taught us lot many things and that includes patience to deal with "SOLID ITEMS" like your MIL. Also we should be able to show the difference in the way we think, prove that we are more matured and civilised.

Sorry for a long pravachan. This is what runs in my mind always.
    " NEVER throw stone on garbage, I may spill on you too"

Sorry if I had hurt your feelings. I am just being frank enough here.

5 people like this.
  5. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Priyanka

Its like a daily soap situation where MIL scolds her DIl by not putting diyas properly :) :) your MIl is very filmy I must say :) :)

But jokes apart... actually you should leave this as such... You cant tell her about her faults. she will never admit to it.. and will taunt / pass comments on you more.. So dont think about it .....

BTW Belated Birthday wishes to your DS!!!

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

So funny incident but don't say anything for her..BCz that the thing which make you different from her..

7. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

you are still listening to what she says ? I would tune her out like some tv program i am not interested in, that would be the best solution. What is your expression when you hear something so incredibly stupid, it's not worth a resposne. Wear that expression everytime your mil opens her mouth...

8. NilamKhushi

NilamKhushi Senior IL'ite

Hi Priyanka,
    I can understand how you are feeling, you are thinking by letting out your feelings they will understand you but that will not happen, just ignore.
    If we do something wrong then MIL will blame our parents that they didnt teach us anything properly and if we do something right that will hurt MILs ego and again blame will be towards our parents like "you always listen to your parents and you do not want to ask me or take my suggestions before doing anything"
    So dont worry,forget about all these and be happy

9. Geetanjalikumar

Geetanjalikumar Gold IL'ite

Excellent advice.

Priyanka, Please move on for your sanity.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was shaking my head in disbelief at this comment from the MIL! Does MIL think girls go to finishing school to learn how exactly to do every little daily thing?

Both you and your MIL are focusing too much on the nitty-gritty of arti, and missing out on smaller but bigger joys like looking at the happy, expectant, joyous, innocent face of the birthday child as arti is being done for him.