1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Which brand of Pan / Kadai for cooking Sabzis

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by coffeegirl, Oct 12, 2012.

1. coffeegirl

coffeegirl New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have recently moved to USA and am cooking on the electric coil. I had brought 2 kadais with me from India - 1 non-stick and 1 stainless steel new one. Both the kadais are now having small black spots on them - I don't know where I am going wrong with them..I never had this problem in India.
    So I am looking for suggestions for brands to buy new kadai for cooking vegetables and sweets like kheer etc. I am leaning towards stainless steel more than non-stick.
    How do I prevent them from getting black marks/scratches- is it because I use high heat?
    I am not sure whether this is the right forum to ask this but hoping to get some answers here :)

1 person likes this.

2. Nallaanlakshmi

Nallaanlakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    As far as i know our Indian kadai may not work for the electric coil stoves here. You can get some good brands of kadais in US. Some of them are KitchenAid, Faberware etc.
    Right now i'm using Kitchen Aid steel kadais for my electric stove and they are doing well without any spots or marks.
    One more suggestion is try to cook on numbers 4 or 5 on the stove.
    Hope this helps

2 people like this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot. Let me try.

5. Coffeelover

Coffeegirl, welcome to this Orem. I have burnt a lot of dishes. Thanks for asking this question. I am also going to look for new pots and pan as our friend suggested. Also buying Dawn to clean it.

Hope you notice my user name. Haha

6. coffeegirl

coffeegirl New IL'ite

Oh thank you so much for your help. I will look for the KitchenAid brand. I used to routinely notch it up to 6 or 7..I guess that was wrong.

7. coffeegirl

coffeegirl New IL'ite

Hhm thanks.....the problem is with the steel going bad..it's not grease. I guess the kadai couldn't withstand the heat of the coil.

8. coffeegirl

coffeegirl New IL'ite

hey nice to see your username hehe! I am struggling quite a bit in the USA with all the cooking !

9. Coffeelover

I live here past 32 years, coffee girl. You will get used to it. Now we have so many Indians here and forum like these help us. I live in San Jose, ca. We have lots of Indians. Hope you like your new place. Do you work???