1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Change in my old stylish dressing????help me please

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Sravani1989, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sravani1989

Sravani1989 New IL'ite

Hello everyone.

My name is Sravani. I married 4 months ago to my husband. It is a arrange marriage. He live in USA. After marriage I came to USA. My husband done MS in USA and working here.
    When I was in India, everyone in my colony tell me that I am beautiful and cute. So many people write letters, but I did not like anybody, because of my mother. I love my mother a lot and I dont want to hurt her. My mother in law like me very much, she tell me I am very beautiful, but my husband is telling I am not fashionable. I never wear pants and skirts till now. I only wear pavada, salwar and sari, now he telling me to wear pants and skirts. He telling me to cut my hair.
    I am not knowing what to do. I tell my mother, she tell hear what he saying and do like him. I also dont know about makeup.
    help me please. I want to know about makeup. I put cream, powder, kajal and bindi daily. I never put lipstik. I put lipstik for my marriage but my aunty put it for me. I am not knowing what color I have to put.
    Please help me. I want my husband to love me.

2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sravani, can you ask your hubby to take you to gap or kohls store? There you can get jeans and tops to try on. Pick 4-5 or even a dozen tops and couple of jeans(straight cut or boot cut)...try them and look at yourself in the mirror. Ask your husband to choose what he likes. evaluate which ones suit your personality.
    Go to a beauty salon and ask them to show you hairstyles. Mostly Steps or layers with U is a standard. It suits everyone. Just tell them to maintain the length but give you layers.
    Next for make up...just pick up subtle shades. I use lipstick shades like 'Crazy for coffee' in maybelline. Buy a lipliner.
    Check on youtube or just line your lips and fill in with lipstick.
    Buy an eyeliner.
    My choice is to apply eyeliner and lipstick. Leave your layered hair open. Wear jeans. Be simple and your hubby will go ga-ga!
    I prefer not to use kajal or bindi on jeans. Depends on each personality. More than anything..you have to be confident when you wear something. Be comfortable...if you feel its awkward,it shows. Anyway..this advice is in general. I cannot say if you will like it.
    Good luck!:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. Sravani1989

Sravani1989 New IL'ite

Thank you Rose.
    I said to him to take me shopping, he said yes. I will goto the shops you said. I will tell you after I buy it. I will also try lipstick, I dont know lipliner, but I see on youtube and it is easy to put.
    I cut my hair like U in India but no layer, I will get layers and see.
    Thank you very much, I will tell you after I buy jeans and lipstick also.

2 people like this.
  4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sravani,

Dont worry at all. You seem to be a very pretty gal, am sure your husband's suggestion for a make-over will make you look lovelier. You are young and this is your age to experiment with your looks. And anyway, the American society is differnt. They dress up differently as well. So maybe your husband feels that you will gel better with your surrounding if you try to chnage a few things about your looks.

Go ahead! Get a new hair-cut, a new ward-robe and a new look...am sure it will make you more confident. Wish you good luck dear

5. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

HI Sravani

Observe dresses and makeups done in T.V/serials/movies, you will get idea of how to dress
    and what kind of dresses to select....

1. Try to get hair cut, leave ur hair free or try clips...
    2. Use Facecream, eyeliner, lipstic and small bindi's..
    3. Buy and wear jeans and try different tops on it...
    4. Buy good sandals/shoes that goes well with Jeans...
    5. If you are slim you can also try Capris jeans and long skirts...

Good luck dear..