1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Treat babies as babies not as DOLLS

Discussion in 'Infants' started by nancystalin, Sep 23, 2012.

1. nancystalin

nancystalin Silver IL'ite

hello all,

I really want to share something which i think important during the first 10 months of a baby's life. Recently i received my bundle of joy DAPHNA :) My pretty girl :) Last week we celebrated her christening followed by a reception. Gosh i was in the land of anger when guests hold her and kissed her :bang even i told almost each person not to do such things they didn't even listen my words and some grannies almost scolded me. The next thing is jewellery for newborn. Babies are fragile as flowers i dont know why people thinking that jewelleries for newborn is a status symbol :notthatway::notthatway: And the next thing is clothing. Please do it as per the baby's comfort. Don't over do. Almost my baby girl was peak in crying that whole day which made me to write this post.:cry::cry: So please young mothers first care for your baby rather than people's comment. First of all its our little angel from god so please please dont decorate (it is the exact word here) your little ones as DOLL atleast for 10 months. Enjoy motherhood.

love
    Nancystalin
    [/FONT][/I][/B][/B]

7 people like this.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

You should see the type of dress people make their new borns/babies wear even during summer. Frocks, dresses with layers of synthetic cloth and many many stiff cloth,plastic and other such material jewels, kaajal in the eyes (rather the whole face), large bindi on the forehead and a large black spot on the cheek to ward off evil eye. The kaajal etc. would get smudged on the whole face and the baby will look like black faced. Babies should be made to wear only washed cotton dresses which do not have anything which may give discomfor to the baby.

3 people like this.
  3. nancystalin

Dear varloo aunty,

Well said :)

love
    nancystalin

4. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

You are absolutely correct. Even I agree with your views. Stupid ladies dont understand when we say dont touch the baby. They irritate them, then the babies will fall sick after that the same idiots will say 'nazar lag haya hai'.
    u better buy a baby carrier and hold your baby whenever you have some gatherings. no one will try to snatch the baby if it is in a carrier wrapped around you.

1 person likes this.
  5. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I agree. I have seen many ladies with their little baby wrapped in blankets/sweaters even in hot weather. Sometimes the baby will sleep in the arms of mother and his/her head will hang badly on two wheeler.. I feel like stopping by and advising :(

2 people like this.
  6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

hi nancy,

I just wanted to add one more point. Flash lights and video lights during such ceremonies make the babies dehydrate. My DD got allergic rashes coz everyone lifted and kissed her during naming ceremony. My pedia and our family friend a siddha practitioner told us to keep away baby from all for various reasons. Pediatrician said infections are highly possible and the siddha doc said a more shocking news. IF not handled properly the nerves near the babies ear are tend to get damaged. So ladies who are not well trained in lifting babies at least should not lift on them on such occassions where the parents would not be able to do anything

2 people like this.
  7. nancystalin

hi mercyagin,
    happy to know that you are pregnant :) such a wonderful feeling :) enjoy each and every day dear.
    hi workingwoman and visasri,
    After the function my baby girl got fever :( now she is recovering. Im so upset about this behaviour in people its quite irritating atleast we young mothers should not practice this...

love
    nancystalin

1 person likes this.
  8. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Thank You Nancy.

I showed your post to my husband, even he agrees with your opinion. Sad to know about your babys health. I will pray for her. I saw your profile. You are tamil. Nice to meet you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sravani1989

Sravani1989 New IL'ite

Very bad to hurt babies and make them cry. Many people also putting so much gold and silk on baby in summer. poor baby crying badly. I feel so bad for baby.

1 person likes this.
  10. nancystalin

hello dear mercyagin,
    yeah that's nice:) and thanks alot for ur prayers....she is quite well now. hey you are also TAMILACHI im so happy dear...and you take care of your health and spend quality time with your betterhalf because you cant find time especially for him for the one month after delivery so enjoy to the FULLEST....So had your VALAIKAAPU ??? eager to hear that :) and again take care and eat well.

love
    nancystalin