Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mam and friends,

my mw is dying slowly, while the convection is still going strong. but planning to change.

i see a lot of you have samsung and i am also looking at the same.. you went for the stainless/ceramic enamel,.

i am looking at the 32

2. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chithuamma,

This may be silly question still i want to get clarified...:)
    I too always shallow fry and more consious about adding oil, I can understand Virgin oil, but what does all virgin oil means, are u speaking about Olive (or) all type(like sunflower, nalennai,etc.,) u get as virgin oil.

3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

IMG_2436.jpg

Dear Mam,

made spoon halwa today for Gowri pooja.having made after long time,we relished it to the core.yummy halwa just glided along with the morning breakfast. thanks for the fool proof recipe could make it in few mins other than soaking time.

attached picture of halwa!

love
    raji

11 people like this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear chithra paatti, i have been checking thi forum atleast thrice a day, if not wrong for each session of a day i am searching for a dish. My husband even made a funny comment saying - "now a days you are even checking the website for boiling the milk it seems" :) but frankly saying, i am truely, madly, deeply in love with you and your menus. OMG how many recepies you have teached here. Awesome !! the recepie index itself is a 3 pages length.
    Thanks a lot paatti....(hope you will not feel bad when i call you like this, as i am having paatti in the same age group). Still not finished reading all yuor tips. I am trying regularly the method which you have mentioned for wach recepies and it is coming out extra ordinarily. My husband is surprised now. Every day i am trying new new recepies. I am just started cooking for the past 2 years, before that one year my MIL used to cook. before marriage my mom keeps on insisting me to cook but i enter the kitchen she stops me from cooking (chellama).
    So its my turn now and i have got a wonderful paatti for me to guide daily. Thanks once again.

I need two suggestions (since i am not finished reading all your tips, pls bear me if this was already there in your index)
    1. How much we need to use Oil in our daily life. Nowadays we are so much afraid of using oils and ghee in our menus, but in the olden days they use to intake oils and ghees in various forms like batchanams regularly...is it bad for health if we follow the old practice. so on a daily basis how many spoons of oil/ghee should be used (for frying etc)
    2. How much mustard seeds should be used per day or per month. As i read an article saying excess amount of mustard seeds may be harmful to health. So if possible pls tell me the amount which we suppose to use.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure about enamel or not. But 32 is a good size & buy a model which comes with a crusty plate.

6. Chitvish

Please read the attached file. Now virgin nallennai, thegaennai, peanut oil are all available besides olive oil. They are supposed to be healthier than refined oil. I have just started on them, qualitatively, not quantitatively!!

oils.jpg

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitvish

\

Oh Raji, Lovely. I saw it in FB this morning & was delighted!! :)
    Thanks.

8. Chitvish

Thanks for your lovely post & sentiments. Though a patti, I prefer to be called just C in a forum like this.

This query is best answered by a dietician. Please have a look at the oils attachment I have just posted.

Mustard seeds thing is new to me!!

2 people like this.
  9. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra ma,

I tried aapam today. DH loves aapam. I was thrilled when he had more than his usual quantity. Initially it came out very thick. So added more water. After testing with 4-5 aapams, adjusted the batter thickness. Taste was perfect. But only thing the sides were not as crisp and would not stand. They kept falling flat. I used non stick aapam kadai. Could you please give me an idea of where I went wrong?

Thank you.

10. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

:hide:again me mam...can you share me the mushroom masala,cauliflower masala for stuffing in dosa.