What is the top secret for ...-Poll for Oct 2nd to Oct 8th, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Oct 3, 2005.

What is top secret for lasting love in the long-term relationship of married couples?

1. Be a master of verbal & non-verbal appreciation - appreciate each other spontaneously & frequently

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Be emotionally transparent - speak and hear truth about everything in your life

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Do not try fixing your partner - pay attention to express your thoughts and feelings

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Take full responsibility to whatever happens in life - break the cycle of blame & criticism

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Couples in their married life can endure long-term relationships in many ways, but they will only thrive if they don't do certain important things that will make their relationship vibrant and intimate. In other words, you can grow older with your partner in many ways, but you will only grow closer and more creative through the steady practice of certain actions.

So, here we poll about the top secret for lasting love in a long-term relationship of the couples.

Cast your votes, express your thoughts about your vote and that will help everyone to know about the most important thing to be practiced for lasting love in a long-term relationship.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005

2. akila

akila New IL'ite

I feel all equally important

Hi,

I feel all the options listed in this poll are equally important for lasting love in a long-term relationship. However, in my opinion the top one is being transparent and sharing the truth in the life we share with our spouse.

That gives room for love and care with trust!

3. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

It is good to recieve appreciations!

Hi,

I too find all are important for lasting love. But after coming to the US, I noticed that people here keep appreciating their loved ones - kids or spouse, for every good simple act of theirs.

I think that really helps in feeling good and rewarding for what we are. We Indians generally tend to take our loved ones for granted and do not express our love verbally. These appreciations will help in being expressive! It is really important to be expressive to our loved ones.

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

:clap Hi,

I agree with Sheeba. In US everything is appreciated. Usually people never

take anything granted just like that. They thank instantly. Anything you

appreciate will increase the value both the subject and the object. When you

depreciate the vice versa.Give and get appreciation is the thing we have to learn

from Americans.

I think the secret of longlasting marriage is the blend of love, transparency,

compromise, sacrifice and patience.

5. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Avoiding blaming & criticisms helps!

Hi,

I agree with few others here that all the options listed contribute to lasting love in a way or the other. But somehow, I feel appreciations are not explicitly required among life partners - sometimes it would turn out very artificial.

I believe avoiding blaming & criticisms helps in retaining the love.

6. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Expressing your thoughts is important!

Hi,

Many times we get into rifts in our life-time relationship when we try correcting each other or when we do not accept each others thoughts.

I am not saying we should blindly accept each other, but we need to know to tell a NO in a nicer way. Also, expressing our thoughts is very important without trying to correct the other one.

If we take care of this, it is easy with the rest and love will last forever.

7. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

Love each other unconditionally!

All of them are important. It is like asking which eye is important - left or right. I would also say that forgiving each other, time and again, is very important as well.

8. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Different or Similar?

Before marriage we want our spouse to be different so that life is interesting. After marriage, we want our spouse to be similar to us so that life is peaceful.

Even though we might not realize, many times we are unconsciously trying to fix our spouse to resemble more like us! If that changes, we all will be a lot more happier.

9. prilex

prilex New IL'ite

hi,
    my vote is to aviod blaming others for our fault which will lead to frustration for ur partner..
    prilex