Best Pubs

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by Isabel66, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

Hi Guys!
    Times they are achanging!
    Gone are the days when going to a pub meant a beer or two and a nibble on peanuts and fried chicken. There was almost nothing for the growling tummy. Today many bars offer plenty of options for a sumptous dinner once you are done with shaking a leg and knocking off a drink or two! These gastro-pubs happily take care of any growling stomachs with their appetisers, salads and yummy street food.
    I prefer going to the Odyssey which is located on the 4th floor of Sahara Mall on M G Road, Gurgaon. After I am done shaking my leg, I can happily settle down with my gang and polish off a platter of chicken.
    Why dont we list our favourite pubs!

1 person likes this.

2. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Hi Isabel
    I like the Urban Cafe in DLF Cybercity, NH-8, Gurgaon. Great Ambience,Great Food.

3. BandanaSen

BandanaSen Bronze IL'ite

Hi Isabel
    Well, yes I agree that the menu in pubs are changing. Pubs now offer a much more substantial menu. I recently visited the Lemp Brew Pub and Kitchen in Gurgaon. Here the pub offers a menu of no less than 110 dishes. It includes American, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. My DH was pretty pleased with the dishes and he has promised to take me there back soon.
    You have used the term Gastropub. Here is a bit of trivia! Did you know that the term GASTROPUB was first coined in the year 1991 in the United Kingdom.

1 person likes this.
  4. SejalParikh

SejalParikh New IL'ite

Hi
    I was recently in Mumbai. I accompanied my cousin and his friends to the Lagerbay on Waterfield Road in Bandra. It was a Sunday and all of us had a nice time. There was a Dj and great food too. In addition to the usual bar-food staples like prawns, it appeared that the chef had whipped up quite a filling menu. There were sausages, turkey and salmon.
    Lagerbay has quickly developed quite a name... it opened only in March 2012.

1 person likes this.
  5. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

Hi
    I was recently in Bangalore. I agree that menu in most bars now offer substantial and filling menu. Once a few bars started offering better menus, other bars too quickly followed for fear of being left behind.
    My cousin took me to the Toit in Bangalore. The restaurant has a wood fired pizza open and among other things offers sea food pizza, glazed chicken steak and lamb pie. All this is not bad considering that Toit opened in 2011.

6. Mriduala22

Mriduala22 New IL'ite

Hi
    One reason why the menu in pubs has evolved is that many cities have a 11.30pm-midnight curfew for bars etc. Previously the young and the restless crowd used to visit a pub on the way back home after work and then head to a restaurant for a bite along with family. The early curfew does not allow all this luxury and most pub owners change their menu and become a resto-bar in the evening.
    My favourite bar is Doolally . It is a microbrewery in Pune. I drink only beer. It offers beer along with cheese pairing sessions.