Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Malar, getting good woodwork people is really tough, with the rates going high.. if your is a new construction flat, check out if the people around have done..if so you can use them.. it is difficult more so when it is part works... all the best..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sudha, good that you are posting it here, so others will be vary..do post pictures once the everything is done.. happy that you like the work albeit it being slow..

even if you get it in agreement, there is nothing like binding that they finish it within the speculated time, and also many of the wood work services don't give an written agreement..

Right now i find labour is the most costliest amenity..you don't get plumbers or electricians so easily for small jobs...they say they have a flat contract and are busy..

keeping your known plumber and electrician in the loop is a necessary thing today..

1 person likes this.
  3. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

We bought the house 2 years back... I went to US as soon as we bought it hence did not have time to do the woodwork....

I need to do the complete woodwork for the house now..

Thanks
    Malar

4. athiragau

athiragau New IL'ite

Dears
    Is the kitchen counter(the platform) is done with concrete slab with granite tile over it or by a thick granite slab without concrete slab (may be supported on the cabinets provided below the counter.
    Can we support the cabinets i meen the one we keep above the counter (and where we keep all our cooking stuffs) without concrete slab.
    Unfortunately i got into a appaswamy project where they will not provide nothing in kitchen and everything has to be done by a external fellows including kitchen counter,sink etc.
    thanks and regards
    athira

5. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have tried to post the woodwork of my flat. I am not able to attach the pictures..is there any procedure to add..whats the size it can accept.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the picture should be maximum of 2mb..

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

If it is the cooking counter, i would suggest go with the concrete slab and granite on top..but you can also get granite on wooden counters.. work out with a good woodwork person and he would suggest the best solution..

since there are no loft nor granite you have a better option of working it out..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

check out some of the woodwork person discussed in this thread itself.. let us wait and see how sudha's woodwork has come and you can even call him to find a quote..

9. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Here is the photos of woodwork done in my flat.
    I could not able to upload here. Some error its showing.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116330...aniFlatWoodworks?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa-mr2OpsDlWQ

I have taken many ideas and photos from IL for creating the design.
    Thank you IL members for the continous ideas and suggestions.
    Thanks to carpenter who made what i have drawn.(Bcoz of space constraint something he could not interpret).
    Let me know your suggestions in arranging my flat also.:thumbsup

10. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Currently renovation is going on in my home. We are deciding to go for modular kitchen. Few friends stated that if you go for modular kitchen it will cause problem after 2 years then every year you should do spend huge money for repair. Is in it???

I dont know how to upload my home 3d and 2d diagram. I could not find the upload image. i can see the option but it is asking the URL no option to upload from desktop.

Please give your suggestion