1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Charlotte NC - Looking for good schools, apartments

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by vanajagopal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. vanajagopal

vanajagopal New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Vanaja, currently living in Pittsburgh PA. Though I am actively following up this forum for quite some time, am new to post a message to this forum.

We are relocating to Charlotte NC during the month of August 2012. We have two childrens, a son, 6 years old, and a daughter 2 years old.

I am looking for renting an apartment around a good school district, could some one please suggest some of the good school districts in and around Charlotte? Also, any information on some of good apartments to stay would be greately helpful. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Vanaja

2. allstars

allstars New IL'ite

Hi,
    I live in the university area Charlotte here stone bridge pre school is the good one among.I send my 3 year old to same school.
    For big children people say south Charlotte is better one.

3. savitamathur

savitamathur Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanaja
    just moved back to India from Charlotte last year. yoyr best bet is Schools in South Charlotte. Provedence spring elementary is the best, must go meet the principal. she is very good. middle school is JM Robinson. and HS is providence high.. There are lots of apts around thes schools. there is one right next to JM middle which is a decent apt complex. had a friend stay there for 3 years.
    Charlotte will be a huge difference from Pittsburg, but it will grow on you!! Good luck!
    let me know if you have any other questions. lived there for 15 years. miss it terribly!

4. vanajagopal

vanajagopal New IL'ite

Thank you Savita and allstars!!

Dear Savitamathur:
    I checked Providence Spring Elementry school, it indeed looks like a very good school. However, it looks like there is only one apartment, Providence Park, with in the school zone of Providence Spring Elementary school. Do you know any other apartments with in Providence Spring Elementary school limits or do they consider outside limits residence enrollment at all? Any idea or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Vanaja

5. phiriya

phiriya New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm moving to south charlotte to cheswyck at ballantyne apts bcoz i heard that it has a decent indian community and the schools are also good in that area. You can also check them.

Thanks

6. savitamathur

savitamathur Bronze IL'ite

Hi vanaja
    sorry for the late reply. havent had time to visit the website. There is an apt complex at the intersection of Mckee RD and Providence rd. cant remember the name. they may fall in the school zone. There is no outside limits enrollments. another good school is Mckee RD Elementray. my son studied there.

7. phiriya

phiriya New IL'ite

hi Vanaja
    did u move into charlotte ?

8. vgta11

vgta11 New IL'ite

Which apartment makes Mckee Rd elementary as home school. Also do you suggest any other apartments nearby with indian community?

9. rupaba

rupaba New IL'ite

Hi, I am moving new to Charlotte. Please suggest me good indian communities. Is highlandcreek parkway is better or Ballantyne area. Also please tell me some good apartments where Indians are there.

10. anu19s

anu19s New IL'ite

Hi Rupa,
    Hopw you are doing well.I live in York Ridge Apartments,charlotte,N.C since last 10 months.This community is pretty good.So did you find aparmtents or still looking?