1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plzzz help.... No Breastmilk

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by veroni, Jul 17, 2012.

1. veroni

veroni New IL'ite

Hello all... I need help..

Im a mom of a 40 day old daughter.. From the very beginning I was not having enough breastmilk.. I got only drops... Doctors said its normal and vl increase in some days.. So we had to give her formula food.. We r givin her Nan Pro 1.. I was hand expressing breastmilk.. I could get around 2 or 3 spoons... She was not ready to suck as she cudnt get any breastmilk... She sucks for 2 mins and starts to yell.. Doctors gave me Lactonic granules to mix with a glass of milk and tak it twice a day... Im follwing that.. Im taking lots of garlic in my food.. For the past 1 week Im not getting any milk.. Im hardly getting 2 or 3 drops..I read that taking fenugreek seeds vl help in breastmilk increasing... 2 days back I fried some seeds and taking a t.spoon 3 times a day... Nothing is helping me... I was very eager in giving my daughter breastmilk.. I understand thats the best nutritious food that i can give... And every women can do it.. Y not me??? Am i making any mistake??? And yes im hand expressing every three hours...Has any1 had similar experience??
    Wat can i do??? Shud i give up??? Plzz help...Any suggestions r highly appreciated..

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Veroni, Please do not get upset i can understand your emotions very well as i was in the same situation 4 years back. Dont worry please read my thread and if you really willing to go for 4 sitting class at mylapore i will give her mail ID / number you can learn and start giving BM as soon as possible. But pls do not hesitate if you really wants to give BM.

Search for the below thread posted by me in IL, you will get it:

Breastfeeding after C-section- difficulties and solution

3. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Hi Veroni,
    Don't worry.
    Please have sabudana kheer, (javvarisi payasam/sago) with kesar and dry fruits powder. Have bajra (kambu in tamil) powder ka sheera (like kesari). The lady who came to help me prepared this for me. It gives excellent result immediately.
    Eat fresh fruits.
    Drink lot of fluids including milk, juice, water.
    Drink a glass of warm water before feeding your little one.
    If you follow these with faith, definitely you will succeed feeding.
    Don't lose hope.
    I have been following these. I have a 2 month old baby girl.
    Vidyavisu

1 person likes this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Frankly speaking Nothing helped me at all, only time runs. I had garlic with milk, suraikai, murungai keerai, brown rice kanji etc. But no results. With the testing itself i wasted 3 months. So please do not waste time, i think your baby is now bottle feeding so please stop that and go to the place which i mentioned in your private message. This is not to threaten you, this am saying purely for your goodness.

5. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear veroni

Search for " MILC " chennai in google. You can get their contacts. It is a lactation center. They were of great help for me. They will find out the solution for you !!!

6. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Veroni pls calm down! Stress isnt good for you at this time! Stress tends to decrease milk production!

Make your child suck at your breast even if she doesnt get anythng! the sucking action is the most effective thing for the breast to make milk!
    have oats, green gram, drumstick leaves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  7. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi veroni,

please don't stress yourself at this time; scientifically speaking hormones are the causes for producing breast milk.
    Not sure how much home remedies will work for hormones but fact is some will have some doesn't. You can try all these ways and while feeding just don't think of anything; be happy and enjoy by looking at the baby.
    Have a good nutritious food 3 times a day and 2 glass of milk.

8. summer9

summer9 New IL'ite

Bajri raab, oats, hot soup, sooji are all good for breastmilk. here, we even get mothers milk tea. do this for at least 2 weeks and you'll see great results. make sure you are eating enough because if you dont you won't produce enough milk.

also please don't give up hope or get stressed as it will affect your milk...try all these things because if it works great and if it doesn't at least you can look back years later and say you tried everything you could

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  9. shobana2

shobana2 New IL'ite

Hi veroni,

I would suggest you to have an ayurvedic powder. Its name is Shatavari. It is
    available in ayurvedic stores in normal and elaichi flavour. Take 2 spoons of that powder and mix it in warm milk and drink it at night. I am having it for the past 1 month and my 2 month old son has enough milk to drink.

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@veroni Try the methods suggested by others. Dont keep expressing the milk. The flow will eventually reduce. Only if the baby sucks, BM will be generated. Try to feed her at regular intervals at the breast. This will stimulate BM generation.