question on sending money through ICICI/Other banks

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by ashwini999, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Is there any website to find out which bank gives a better conversion for dollars? Came across that different banks provide different conversion rates w/w.o commission. Since have to transfer this money to some third person, prefer if they have any site discussing abt the current rate, can share it to them also.

Thanks.

2. debarshi18

debarshi18 New IL'ite

I think for sending money to India from US or vice versa can be done effectively and securely by Paypal. it is true that paypal deducts a fee for the service they provide but you can get the money in seconds,
    if you are sending the money from US then the money will reach the concerned paypal account within seconds but from the paypal the money will reach the bank account within 7 days, correct me if I am wrong.

This is can be done for either way too.

3. IAMKAJU

IAMKAJU New IL'ite

Hi

I do transfer regulary to ICICI BANK and other PSU Indian banks, by wired link and some times nettransfer, it is very easy, get the swiftcode from the banker to which you have to deposit and account number, IFSC Code then verify your Account holders name and swift code. then transfer money thats it

4. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I use Statebank.com (remember this is not State bank of india online or state bank of India etc..its State Bank Of India NY branch site).
    Advantages:
    1) Highest exchange rate
    2) Immediate transfer into your SBI account overseas
    3) You will know whats the total rupee amount its going to be transferred before triggering the transfer process.
    Very reliable.
    I've been doing this over a decade, so far so good..