Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    Nice FB - luscious looking cake !:drool
    Don't you think, it is tasing very similar to neyyappam?
    I am making it on Wed for a lunch on thursday (non-IL ites!) to be served with strawberry basundhi !
    Thanks, Varloo.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    On a cold day, what more do you want, except pepper-jeera rasam, piping hot & rice with chutta appalam? That will be a feast !:drool
    I keep the mix for dhal-rice payasam, always ready, since it is liked by everybody !
    Try masoor dhal rice wth plain capsicum once - sheer heaven!
    Thanks, G.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

It has been a while since I posted some feedbacks to you.
    Prepared Ginger rasam when all of us were under the weather. This really kicked our taste buds. Was very flavorful and we just loved it.
    Next was green chillies rasam. This is our everyday rasam lately. Absolutely easy and aromatic when I open the pressure cooker.
    From your rice collection I prepared Jain Methi tomato rice. Very colorful and tasty.Had it with BP raita.I think we can't get enough with this raita.
    Made 3 in 1 chutney and have stored a lot in the fridge. I use it for dosais.idlis and sandwiches to name a few.Very.........delicious.These days I buy all three greens while veggie shopping and make them often.Have a doubt here? I added the hing powder while sauteing the greens. Am I right?
    Thanks for sharing all these delicious recipes, and for also posting them tirelessly. Will be back again without fail,until then take care Chitra.
    with love,

4. Chitvish

Dear Radha(a)njana,
    It is nice to have you peeping in regularly !
    Yes, adding hing is fine.
    Now that you are coming here on & off, I think, I will post a fruit rasam next !:drool
    I know, you love to try rasams !
    Thankyou.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. tweenie27

tweenie27 New IL'ite

Re: Rasams- the tongue ticklers !

hi Chitra!

Guess what, my good friend makes excellent food all the time...and she is much younger in age as well. So i always admire her for her cooking skills.... And while talking generally, she told me about this website and your recipes!!!! Now i know--- the secret! ;-))
    Sometime before i had tried your recipe:- Cauliflower Palkuttu. Loved it, for its simplicity and great taste!! Today i tried Cream of Mushroom Soup. And i must say-- its AWESOME!! loved it again!
    Tomorrow, i plan to try pineapple rasam.... Suddenly there is spice in life-- and enjoyment in cooking--- lots to look fwd to! Your recipes. :)
    Thanks a million for making our cooking more fun! :thumbsup
    Take care,
    Tweenie

6. Chitvish

Re: Rasams- the tongue ticklers !

Dear Tweenie,
    One of the most enjoyable FBs, I must admit !
    You have added extra spice to my life today, believe me !!
    Yes, please try whatever interests you & become a stiff competitor to your friend !!
    Thankyou, Tweenie.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    I am shifting your post to "post your comments here" thread, please note.

7. presci

presci Senior IL'ite

Dear Mam,
    How can i set right a dish if more tamarind is added?
    Luv,
    Presci

8. Chitvish

Dear Presci,
    You can do only "adjustment work" !
    If it is sambar add more dhal, sambar powder etc. Or karakuzambu, increase the volume by adding some thickening aagent like rice flour etc.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear and most respected mam

U know about me very well........i have told u already that noone is ready to try any new recipe thatoo sweets in my home.so i have not yet trried anything so far even for our functions .my mom used to prepare for me also...........so i have neverever tried any sweets(except jamun,kesari, payasam...ruled out) for any occasions so far..........

But love to participate in the contest..........except regular menus like bajji.i have not tried anything with besan.........and today i tried ur BESAN PAYASAM.........it came out very well(It tastes really good....(jus now prepared and myself tasted first and imm replying you).....got some doubts in that...pls clarify.........i have exactly followed the insturctions by u................(ofcourse this is not for the contest.i have done....)

1.will this come in thick consistency (not like reular payasam we can have in tumblers).i had it by spoon ..is it rightz?????????!!!!!!!! or any mistake by me...or we can add milk if w required in liquid form.....

2.when i fry besan in ghee it came like halwa.........not looked like dry flour.........is it right .or beginning itself wrong.......

3.and adinakula i felt slight pachai vasani...........hope aftr adding milk i have to cook for some more time or after adding sugar ....which is right...

sorry for troubling for this simple dish.................pls excuse me........

(and, going to prepare oats upma for the first time...let me give feedback after sometime)

thank u very much madm....for all ur patience and hearing us.......

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chithra Ma'am,
    Let me share my happiness here........I had tried making sweet pongal for Saraswati Puja yesterday........to my utter surprise, that came so good.....my hubby had never tasted Sweet Pongal and he liked that very much. But let me be honest, I felt that it was a little too sweet, as I could not guess about the sweetness of brown sugar/jaggery here......I think its too sweet here......but anyways, as long as there is another person to share it........I am happy.....
    Thank you.
    Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.