1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

21 day Challenge - Buddies needed

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by saudamini, Jun 26, 2012.

1. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Day 5 - june 30 - 10 mins treadmill
    Day 6 - July 1 - 10 minutes stretching exercise + 15 mins treadmill
    Day 7 - July 2 - 15 mins breathing + stretching + sit ups

Friends this is a small victory for me since I exercised on my birthday as well as on Sunday. Usually these are the days when I would convince myself that I deserve break on such days and then I would not exercise. And then 1-2 days would become 3,4,5 days and I would stop doing exercises altogether. But this time I crossed this hurdle, and I am very happy with it.

My diet got a bit disturbed though :(

Cheers
    Saudamini

2. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

hi saudamini,

me also want to join this thread.. as like u i joined in many threads but cudnt continue posting in threads as well as cudnt continue my diet and exercise also..

i will do for 3 days and then convince myself on the 4 thday..

iam interested to join this challenge now for the commitment.

my current wt- 67 kgs. want to lose 7 kg..

today:
    cycling- 10 mnts
    b.f - 1 wheat dosai
    lunch- 2 ragi roti and veg kurma

3. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanita,
    Welcome to the thread. Yes, like you I would start my diet and exercise and would leave it mid way thinking and convincing myself that other things are more important.

That is why I created this thread, becoz I have seen that when you are accountable, you tend to stick to your goals.

So when I faced my first hurdle this time - I had AF on June 28th- and was having cramps- I told myself that I will only do 10 mins exercise, as 10 mins would not make my cramps any worse than they were already. Similarly on Saturday (my bday) and on Sunday, I convinced myself saying that it would look so bad if I write in my thread that I did not do exercise on a particular day as I had promised myself. This motivated me and I crossed my first hurdle.

So I guess the key is consistency, making ourselves believe that we can do it!!!

Cheers
    Saudamini

4. scotwilson

scotwilson New IL'ite

Your step to make people awareness is good. i appreciate! keep it up,......

5. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

hi friends
    yesterday , 2 hours play with my kids that inculdes tennis, joging and skipping
    today: fasting so no exrcise..........

6. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Joining this challenge today - current weight - 150 pounds, intend to drop 0.5-1 pounds per week
    let us keep each other motivated with strong support and friendly competition !!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  7. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Scotwilson - Thanks for your support

Hi Pinky - Great going!!!

Hi Teechak - Welcome to the thread. Looking forward to motivation and challenges from all our friends

My Update

Yesterday fasting so exercise only in morning, not in evening.
    Today got up late so no exercise in morning, will do in the evening.

Friends, I want to share something, although I have been consistent only for 7 days, but I have seen an increase in my energy level. Also, though my weight has not decreased, but I am seeing changes in my body such as reduction of my thighs etc. I know it is mainly water loss, but I am happy that finally my body is decreasing!!!

Today, I am adding one more challenge. Having one salad every day.

Cheers
    Saudamini

8. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I was one of the few to enroll in this thread first, but unfortunately I couldn't continue as I was in travel last weekend and I also have some health problems. will also be travelling this week end, but I am happy that I am maintaing control over my diet these days. I started eating my sprouts and taking salads. cuttign down the sweets. I didn't exercise but have been avoiding lift at work. my office is in thrid floor and I have started using the stairs whenever I want to climb up/down. I do that atleast 3 a day. I know I can't count that as exercise. Today I am planning to walk 10 minutes atleast within my apartment compound.
    my today's menu:
    6 AM: horlicks without sugar one glass
    9 AM: 2 1/2 idlis with morkuzhambu.
    11:45 AM: lunch (morkuzhambu, keerai and yam)
    3 PM: high fibre biscuits and a cup of milk
    6 PM: small cup of cooked sprouts
    dinner will be having something made out of wheat floor. chappathi or wheat dosa.

I think I should cut off the biscuits. I am somewhat addicted to it.

9. teechak

teechak Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends .. yesterday I was on fruits and vegetables (raw) full day to cleanse my system of any toxins .. I also drank milk and ate some cheese .. I am feeling a lot better today and somehow having a reluctance of not eating too much of food.. I just had one small masala dosa with peanut chutney with some watermelon .. I am feeling quite energetic after my breakfast. I also did Yoga yesterday to maximize benefits of detoxification diet. I know there are bunch of detox diets available, I created this one for myself as I know I can not stay on lime water whole day. next time I might plan for stricter version of it.

I am following - Eating less and eating frequent with minimum 45 minutes of exercise , Dinner at least 2 hrs before bed.... let us see where it will take me

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. deepara

deepara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saudamini,
    Sorry for not making a note here because of work and not feeling well.
    On june 29 did 30 minutes treadmill.
    Sat and sunday rest.
    July 2 had party and couldn't spend time for exercise.
    July 3 did treadmill for 30minutes and walking for 30 minutes.