1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Bowels Problem Please Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by tsweety, Jun 5, 2012.

1. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

Hi All ILs,
    Nearly for 5 to 6 years I m having this problem.My Bowels are not proper.. I have tried my level best but all in vain. My problem is bit different, I cannot clean my stomach in a single bowel movement, Its abt 3 to 4 times per day and also whenever i step out i need the emergency to clean my stomach. I can hardly control for 5 to 10 min. And this prob has grown beyond my limit. I cannot go out now a days even to buy groceries. I am very much vexed. My DH is getting angry whenever i go out with him... Now a days i m mostly avoiding going out with him or my family members.. Day by day its getting hard for me...
    What my DH suggesting is its because of my thoughts i feel this emergency when going out and telling me to practise yoga..
    Somebody please help me to tackle this problem... Should i need to change my food habits? Or this can be some kind of health problem?Or should i do yoga to control my thoughts as my DH tells?
    Please help me!!!!

2. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

so many views but no suggestions? no1 knows solutions for this?? pity me!!!

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Tsweety,
    Do not worry about it because there are lot of people who has bowel movements like this.I cannot finish it in one go.It is twice in the mornings and once in the evening.I work out a lot;do yoga also.This is not a disease ok.Each person has a different metabolism and the digestion process.
    Try to drink lot of water throughout the day.Yoga helps a lot.

1 person likes this.
  4. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Did you try consulting Doctor?
    Fidn good general physcian and get rid of it.Its curable .

1 person likes this.
  5. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Sweety,

Have you taken medical help for your condition - could it be IBS ? Since you have been facing this problem for the past 5 years, have you tried the usual home remedies that are suggested like :

1. Taking a glass of lukewarm jeera/ajwain water on an empty stomach in the morning
    2. drinking 7-8 glasses of water per day
    3. Taking fibre rich food
    4. Avoiding fizzy drinks, spicy and oily food
    5. Reducing stress
    6. Practising meditation and yoga [abdominal exercises]

There is another home remedy which you can try. This will soothe the intestinal walls. I usually make this for my kids whenever they have stomach problems.

Take half a cup of sabudana seeds [sago/tapioca pearls]. Wash and soak them overnight. In the morning, you can either boil them till the pearls become transparent and thicken. It almost looks glue like. Take it while it is warm [not hot]. If you take it in this form, it will give you faster relief. Please dont go for taste or looks [it hardly has any taste and it is slimy]. You just need to close your eyes and gulp it down !! Have this in the evening for a couple of days and see. However, during this period, it would be best if you do not consume milk or dairy products like cheese, paneer etc. You can have your tea / coffee.

OR you can try another sabudana recipe - this is more palatable. This is more for taste and may not provide quick relief. But you can still try the sabudana khichdi.

After you have soaked and drained the seeds. Take little oil in a pan. Throw in some mustard seeds and slit green chillies. Now add some diced potatoes [boiled would be faster]. When they are cooked, add your usual dry masala [turmeric, chilly powder etc]. Now add the sabudana seeds and toss around till they are cooked. Add salt. Later add chopped green coriander and a dash of lemon juice.

All the best dear,
    Kylie

3 people like this.
  6. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for ur tips :)

7. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

Hi Kyile,

Thanks dear for your very clear elaboration. Surely will try sabudana porridge for some days n see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  8. Maggie

Maggie New IL'ite

Dear Tsweety,

I have been trying to PM you, but looks like I dont have the facility.Anyway I have the same problem like yours for the past 8 years and have been living with it.All I can say is when I am in anxious state, i have to go and clear my bowel...come what may.Like you too I cannot hold it for not more than 10 min.And at times I had accidents too.Initially I thought that during the birthing process I have pushed too hard,that my muscles got weak,but went to the gynaec & she said that i am perfectly o.k and she told me to do some abdomen excercises.But did not work for me.I then went to the psycologists and she said that I am too anxious about things.And gave me breathing exerciseIt has helped me but marginally because I have not been doing regularly..For me any time if i have to go out even for groceries/leaving my child to the school bus stop..i have to go and empty my bowel.I have lost lots of opportunities with my 8 year old son,for not going with him to many places.
    Tsweety..I have a lot to share but I am not very open to write in the forum.can you Pm me.Do u have the facility
    Dear Moderator,could you please let me know how can I get in touch with tsweety.
    Will wait for your reply

love
    maggie

9. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

I guess you need to make 10 posts a month to PM.After 10 posts you will be able to.

10. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

Hi Maggie,

I have PMed you... Did u get it? Yes, u r right my situation is exactly like what u ve mentioned...
    Pls let me kw what steps u ve taken.... And thanks a lot for ur concern maggie..