1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you make your kids to write the Home work?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sivaranjaniadi, May 15, 2012.

1. sivaranjaniadi

sivaranjaniadi Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends and parents,
    How do you make your kids to write the Home work?
    please share your views and how to do?
    i want to be cool but sometimes i am getting angry.

Do you too get angry??.

share your moments

siva

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012

2. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Siva,

This will be an interesting discussion if many are going to come in and share their views.

Yes, it's very hard on parents to keep themselves cool while getting their kids do their homework. Sometimes it is their distractions, the silly and careless mistakes they make that lose our temper, but many times we expect the perfection out of the kids up to our level and get angry.

I feel most of the times we should be very encouraging of what they do so that they come up with their own ideas and are interested in doing their homework. I think we should also be very patient to repeat something n times till they get it straight. We should ask interesting questions to make them come up with their own answers rather than rush and try to finish it. We can promise simple treats like 'good job', 'well done' stickers, their favorite snack, or even 15 to 30mins of their favorite TV program at the end of their homework, if they do really good. It will have unbelievably great effects :)

Of course, due to lack of time between the other things we juggle to do and because of less focus from them, we will many times get angry with them. But we have to consciously cool down may be.

BTW, how old is your kid? Son or daughter? I wrote my experience with my 6-year old daughter.

3 people like this.
  3. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Siva, I reported this post to be moved to the forum 'schoolgoers' in Parenting section? That way not only Sharjah moms, the other moms in IL can also share their views. This might have better responses that way.

1 person likes this.
  4. sivaranjaniadi

Hi Malar, thanks for moving and to your reply too.
    my son is 4 years old. every day writing the home work is great experience to me by my son.

hahaha....

siva

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    I suggest you finish all your work by the time he sits for doing his home work... and like Malar said encourage him by praising if he writes neatly and if he doesnt then dont scold instead oh my boy you write such good one I wonder why you made this mistakes and act as if you dont understand at all and erase it and get him to show you how he writes a... Also at the end of homework praise him... but never indulge in giving gifts as they will start pranks to get what they want....

2 people like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

siva, at 4, it should not be a breeze for your child to do home work! Of course it is going to be hard on you and your son. That said, as hard as this sounds, I feel getting the home work done, as soon as the child comes home is a better way - give something to eat and drink and before starting other activities just finish the home work. you will feel good and it becomes a good habit for the child. As he grows older, reminding as soon as he comes home that he needs to finish home work before play helps and siva this is a process, we just have to get used to it till they become more responsible.

Don't stress out, he is only 4 and will mostly do what you teach him! enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  7. sivaranjaniadi

hi vjbunny,
    thanks dear. i changed myself a lot now, and getting better from my son too.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

9. sivaranjaniadi

Thanks vj bunny dear.

siva

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.