1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sathyameva jayathe - Star Plus

Discussion in 'TV' started by Hemasanda, Apr 30, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Chobalu, I did the same for my dad. It is not done in our community either. I just insisted on doing it as my dad had told me I could once long ago. Those who did not like it - well it is their problem, not mine. I am glad I did my duty to my dad and it has helped me deal with his loss as I feel he is always with me.

1 person likes this.
  2. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

:bowdown
    Satchi.
    glad to know that you fulfilled your father's wishes.:bowdown
    My :hatsoff to you. You did not yield to pressure from your relatives

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Satyamev Jayate- Did any one watch it on 6th on Star plus

You know what E-indian.. I just wrote about the same on Satchi's thread about this topic...and then I read your fB to her and got directed to this thread..
    I'm so Glad that ther are others who think like me.. CHEERS.. MAYBE THERE IS A SMALL LIGHT at the end of the tunnel...
    K

1 person likes this.
  4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Re: Satyamev Jayate- Did any one watch it on 6th on Star plus

saw intodays paper that Rajasthan CM is taking action against female foeticide after aamir met him

5. supermommy123

supermommy123 New IL'ite

Such a wonderful show...It is doing a fabulous job in order to bring that reality of india which our government is somewhere unable to see.

6. vallikannu

vallikannu Senior IL'ite

This is a show, which can be told as "Unamiya Nachunnu nadu mandaiyila adichu sollura show" at a national level, good one though...

7. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

I liked yesterday's show. Dowry has to be eradicated from our society. For that each and everyone has to keep the marriage simple. But it is wishful thinking only.Let boys and girls together take the vow of not giving and taking dowry.

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday's episode was a super-duper favourite. Almost everyone I met and spoke to told me that they watched it from start to end!
    Gosh! It is sad to hear that dowry still exists in so many parts of the country. Parents sell their own houses to get their own daughters settled. And how cruel and selfish can those people be who can blackmail the girl's family at the last minute to produce a car and wht not.

The shocking incident was about the young bride and how she suffered so much torture in a foreign land. thge next jolt was of course about Punjab where everyone has a craze for the NRI tag. How can a boy ask money for his ticket/visa etc from his im-laws?? What are his parents for then?? And in the end, if the poor bride is left behind in India, it is such a torture.

But the best part of the show was the example of a groom who was actually kidnapped to get him married - so that there wil be no demand for dowry. And hats-off to Rani who stood up and courageously framed a sting operation where her future in-laws are seen demanding dowry.

The Nort-eastern states of our country need a big round of applause for not taking any dowry from the girl. Other states which claim to be more well-read and modern actually have a lot to learn from their north-eastren counter-parts.

4 people like this.
  9. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

When I was working, I was in provident Fund seat dealing with PF withdrawals and refunds. I have seen my colleagues withdrawing 75% of their PF amount for marriage. When I asked them why they were squandering away their lifelong savings instead of saving it for their retired life, they used to say that they have no other option. punjabis give car costing about 5 or 6 laks to the groom. They give not only jewellery sets to their daughter, but also to their sambhandis, bride's sisters in law etc. For a marriage they spend atleast 15 to 20 lakhs. The best part is sometimes the girl also wants a bigger car. Once I asked my colleague why he has to give a bigger car. A maruti alto will also serve the purpose. He asked me "are you kidding? It will be an insult to my son in law. moreover my daughter is intent on a bigger car." Even the girls want to flaunder their status on their parents hard earned money(sic)Not all are like that. some do

I am lucky to get a nice son in law and sambhandis. My daughter's marriage was a love marriage. My sambhandis are affluent. So I was scared initially. But to this date they have never made any demand.They are lovely people. When i read and see so many dowry harassments, I thank God for giving me such nice sambhandis and son in law.

As Amir khan said we should never agree to any unnecessary demands from the groom's side and call of the
    marriage if we feel that they are greedy. It is better to call off the marriage than to make our daughters suffer

5 people like this.
  10. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I am sure all of you must have watched the recent episode on Doctors and medicine practise and generic medicines.
    It was a very good subject and not often discussed.
    Many of us have been thru terrible hospital traumas when our loved ones have been ill. We have come across situations where doctors have taken advantage of patients.
    This episode has opened many eyes and have brought to notice a lot of points to consider the next time someone falls ill.
    Kudos! Aamir Khan once again!!!