Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

Since few months I have been looking for one of your Thengollu recipe made with cooked moong dhal and rice flour and I am also looking for the (not sure what the name is for this home made powder) using milk powder, instant coffee powder recipe. Could you please tell me the location of these two recipes. My younger one is enquiring me every day if I found the recipe.

Sorry to bother you and thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Shree

2. poornimasathish

poornimasathish Bronze IL'ite

Hello Chitvish, It was wonderful to come across all your recipes. I tried coconut rice today and it was very delicious. I will surely try many more recipes.
    Keep going!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Chitra Mam,

Thank you so much for providing receipe for White gravy. Basically I die for Mutter Methi malai. Till now I didnt knew how to make that.. I just cant say how happy I'm after knowing this.. Thank you so much :thankyou2::thankyou2:

And I liked the Parupu usli preparation & preservation method.

1 person likes this.
  4. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

I couldn't get back to you for so long. One of our neighbours met with a very big accident and finally he came out of coma by god's grace. We stayed with his family as much as we could.

Actually, I came across that salad recipe from one of hundrends of links which I was searching out for a heart patient, on that particular day. I tried hard to recall that site but couldn't. Sorry.

5. VaishuRaji

VaishuRaji Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra ma,

Thank you so much for your recipes. :bowdown I am just learning cooking. I found your recipes and tips really useful. My husband was so suprised seeing me prepare dishes well though i have not cooked before my wedding.
    I don't know whether this is the right place to post my doubt. It is rather a silly one. I store my rice in tupperware boxes. I notice that there were insects after a few days though i close the box immediately after taking the required quantity. I have noticed that my mother usually puts a small packet of camphor(karpooram) in the rice and sugar boxes. Is it ok to put it in the rice box since i have put the rice directly?

Thanks in advance.
    Love,
    Raji:)

1 person likes this.
  6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Chitramam,
    Iam not very good in the culinary department but your recipe index is awesome.Thank you for sharing and this is like a university for me in cooking.
    Tried spicy poories with palak-thur dal[without the spices] this morning.My DH liked the combination a lot.
    Will be trying out many many more from your recipes.
    Thank you once again.
    :)

1 person likes this.
  7. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Mam,for lunch today-i made the Mochai Ragi roti and that too came out well.You have given the measure of the ingredients correctly for novices like me and this definitely helps a lot.Thank you......

1 person likes this.
  8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Chitramam,made Parippu kadaiyal for lunch the other day;liked it so much.

1 person likes this.
  9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Chitra Mami,

Sowkiyama ?? Inniki aathula yenna Samaiyal..??

I am happy to have found your link of SBS photos especially for traditional dishes. I even showed the link to my MIL..(she is not tech savy, but was very happy to see the snaps..) awaiting my Mom and Chitti and Patti's next trip so that I can show them as well....

Keep the good work coming. very usefule for this generation ...and for people like me who have not spent much of their life in South

I also like your posts on muffins, cakes...etc...

1 person likes this.
  10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Luscious, sift, light ice cream...... Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. Enjoyed by all, including one year old grand niece. Then Archu tried paneer kheema and it came out well. I send her recipes and tips as and when she needs and she does cook occasionally. I made rajma curry, coconut rice etc. last week, in between my outings.
    By the way, Aravindh had joined for MA at SRM , had applied to other colleges also. Will change college if gets somewhere else. How's your stay at Madurai?

2 people like this.