1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Unannounced Guest.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju
    I am honoured. You may nominate it over and over.....wouldn't mind....ha....ha...I can see that " Ooops" on your face.
    Kidding pal, ......yeah....I loved the net getting chucked off.......guess you FIL is jealous of all the attention you are giving my thread and me........time stolen from his DS share!
    We write and interact here to have a ball of a time....thatzzz the key point......and we did have a loads of fun....so does anything else matter? Pranas post well deserved you nomination, I have read her crisp work time and again.
    Have fun!
    Mega

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Megalife,

This is a real revelation to me. I knew you wrote and wrote well, but somehow I was not aware that you were a fine humorist too! :)

What happened to you on that fatefull day has happened to many. Yes, me too! Just like you, I was dripping in oil and in old clothes when these friends of ours, very smart and impeccably dressed German couple decided to pay us a friendly visit!:spin Though it was my husband who opened the door for them, I had to rush by them to enter my room and then the bathroom!! :bonk It was so embarrassing that I cleared my memory of that unpalatable incident!

But here you go and write about your awkward moment so that the world can read about it and laugh. Mega, you do possess a mega humor and it should be celebrated.:thumbsup
    Good that our members realize it and keep nominating your posts to FP! They have already found their winner!:thumbsup :thumbsup

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  3. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Knock, knock!!!

(See, I'm knocking on your door before I get to meet you :D :D :D)

My God, Mega, that was sooooo hilarious and I couldn't but feel a sense of deja-vu, for this kind of scenario has happened to me time and again. Have I learned from it? No, because Murphy's law works out every time I try to change this situation. By now, the laundry guy is so accustomed to seeing me oil-enriched, face-masked (in different colours, too) etc. that the only time he is surprised is to see me well dressed. No handsome neighbours to knock on my door, so I don't feel bad. Ha ha ha ha!

And a thing about maids - gone are the days when they used to wear old dresses or show up dishevelled. These days, they dress up so well and after a day's work also, not a hair of theirs is out of place. They carry a clutch and a mobile so stylishly that it would put us to shame. We are the ones who look dishevelled all the time. So, how can the Brit guy even mistake you for a maid???????

2 people like this.
  4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear M'am Kamla
    Thank you for a motivating feedback, and impressive as well.

Before all of us invested time in raising children and a husband, we had a jolly-old life of our own. When in school/college we all ladies did have problems regarding life, career, marriage etc. (I should say unanswered question marks in life), but nevertheless the minute we stepped into the campus all those inhibitions were shed and we always found a reason to laugh our way through.
    I firmly believe responsibilities, career, family etc. should never KILL the girl within us......today most of us more or less are settled. If we scan back a few decades we should see ourselves in a comfortable position from where we started. If we choose to hit the humor button in life only after all our worries/ tensions/ responsibilities are wade away , that time might never come.
    By and large my life has always been governed by a common set of values that revolve around living, learning, and laughing.
    As a family, we’ve have a life that’s more than just surviving. It’s included: positive and negative experiences; trials and growth; exploration and evaluation; making more friends than foes, the birth of childre; and moments of temper and lots of love and humor......and humor sustains and insulates our life.
    Sorry, for getting all dramatic or may I say a bit deranged? Thanks for listening.
    Mega

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi santhosh
    thanks for the feedback.......
    Mega

6. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear kottraval
    I buy your déjà vu theory . I too was under the impression that I did not have any handsome neighbours to go knoc knock.........bindas opened the door.....and you know what followed. So never be too sure......opportunities in life come without a forewarning, always be on the alert or you will end up whinnying like mega- girl.
    The Brit must have thought, so for once I found an over-worked indian maid ( usually Indian maids in UAE are labelled the laziest), who must be that lucky madam?
    Btw I met him at the supermarket today morning, he was nice and all smiley....so I still have scope for dinner?
    Thanks for your lovely fb, means a lot.
    Mega

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Mega dear I dont know how I missed this thread. Might be I must have thought this is not my cup of tea because I dont do any facial. Enjoyed reading your humerous thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Dear Megalife,

I must thank Vijima for having responded to this post, or else I would not have possibly gone back to read the earlier collections!

Had a hearty laugh to your post, and must specifically mention eandian's responses about the "cow dung", esp the self-made news headline ""3 year old left in "dirty cow dung on hair" aunty's care"" was so funny.... how does she manage to come up with funny quotes...her response was also a post by itself......and also manjukps....and a few more whose names I am not able to recollect now... Oh my! Tooo funny!!! :rotfl

I guess I have been spared from a similar happening in my life (or those who have actually seen me in a "maid" avatar have been decent enough not to tell me about it :-D) , but now I get enough hints on my to-do-list before I can open the door on such a day!!!

Very hilarious one ! And enjoyed reading this post & the subsequent responses too ! :)

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Vijima
    You seem to have embarked on a marathon of reviving my old threads.......hugs! It is ok to do facial/henna, but make sure to keep your calling bell off.
    Mega

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha good one,
    it always happens when we are well dressed no one comes,but we are the other way around people literally race in.For me,it is with the house,when it is spotless and clean no one turns up but when it is topsy turvy people literally barge in,we have literally make place for them on the sofa which is strewn with all sorts of things,to sit on.........what to do?
    Anyway enjoyed your oily post......