Finest Posts - May 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamla,

Back within minutes of posting my first nomination. Who else could be in line for the second nomination other than our Bhargavi with a very simple, heart warming narration of a childhood spent watering plants and watching for fruits, and then the joy when one finally "tastes the fruits of one's labours"? Apart from the obvious joy of reaping the harvest of one's hard work, it also brings to mind memories of childhood a few decades ago - a childhood spent in the lap of nature, enjoying the simple pleasures of life. A childhood spent in healthy pursuits. So here is her snippet http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/166102-bond-25-years-long-going.html

2 people like this.
  4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi and Kams
    I wish this came with some forewarning and time to consider what I want to say.....well...
    Thank you very much. ... I accept it with gratitude , thank you for giving me an excuse to grin today. It was more of a casual post, but all the same, I am glad that you all loved the essence.
    Mega

2 people like this.
  5. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hello, everyone!
    I know I missed a month's attendance here in FP nominations. :hide: Quite a number of threads that I wanted to read were blocked in unnecessary categories like Shopping/Restaurants & Dining. :rantAnd of the ones that I wanted to nominate, I could see that they had already been nominated and seconded, too. So, unable to read more than half of the good posts, I was left with little choice but to run and hide. :(
    Anyway, not being one to be missing in action for long, here I am, back with a limited (restricted) reading. I second Satchi's nomination of soulful's post ....And He Went Away - nobody knows where. It brings to my mind, a character from the musical Chicago (I only saw the 2002 version, though) - Amos, who is a simple, helpless being, manipulated by one of the leading ladies, Roxie. I remember a few lines from his song, "Mister Cellophane" - "You can walk right through me, yet you never know me..." It is very sad to be not known and to be ignored, but even worse is to slander the unknown's conduct. I pity that soul and hope that soulful's wishes to reconcile with here mama may come true one day.

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Kamala Mam,
    I'm back with my second nomination for the month of May'12. It is gayathrivjiay12's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/166170-the-kiss-that-spoke-volumes.html

It had all the emotions in the post. From behaving with a child like enthusiasm and her empathy with the differently abled person of Jijoo's father. And the kid's innocence is at the best when she requested again and again to come along with them to Andaman. Her narration is too good and the it has a slice of life in the post. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I must say Satchitananda, both the posts you have nominated are very best and too good.

1 person likes this.
  8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Iyerviji. I never expected a huge response for my post about onions. But I'm happy now as this proves everyone around is suffering from Onion tears and I'm not alone.
    Thanks for nominating my post.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome blackbeauty dear, glad you got huge response for your post

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.