1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to WestChester , OH -ladies help us get to know the town better plz....

Discussion in 'Indians in Ohio' started by priyaindusladie, Mar 28, 2012.

1. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Finally after lots of confusions in my husband's project , v are about to move to from Connecticut to westchester , OH. I am really thankful if you spare some time to answer

1 ) My husband's office is Union Centre Blvd., West Chester , OH . I want a place which is somewhat closer to this office address and gud indian community and gud school district ( my son will go Kindergarten comin sep ) ... ( Am i being jealous asking for all at the same time :bonk )

2 ) what are all the areas we have gud indian communities ... kindly give me the websites to check for the apartments ...

3 ) we are about to move in a week ...kindly share with me what are the things i should know about this town... ( specifically about crime rate , driving rules , gud schools etc )
    thk u in advance

2. gompu

gompu New IL'ite

Hi Priya

I just enrolled today to this site and saw your message while going through the forum list.

This is a bit late to respond to your query but hope its helpful to you.

1) Have you looked at apartments in Mason, OH? Mason is a nice neighborhood which is closer to the west chester area , have excrllent schools and lots of indian families too. Commuting from Mason to Union Center Blvd, West Chester might be max 15 mins.
    There are some nice apartments in Mason - Stone Bridge, Twin Fountains, Sterling Lakes which fit the above description. Its also easily accesible to the Interstae 75 (coming from Mason, Union Center Blvd would be 2 miles south on I75)

2) you may have already looked at this site for the list of communities -

In Mason -
    Mason Apartments for Rent - Apartment Rental Listings in Mason, OH on ApartmentGuide.com

West Chester -

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Ohio/West-Chester/

3) West Chester is a nice neighborhood..well planned, it comes under the Lakota School district which has good ratings too.

3. priyaindusladie

Re: Moving to Cincinnati , OH -ladies help us get to know the town better plz....

Hi Gompu,
    Thank you so much for your response. We booked an apartment in Old Montgomery , cincinnati . My husband's office location they have mapped in Blue Ash. ( Hope there's no change after that ) . Any ideas about the Montgomery Elementary school will be very helpful for me. and we are looking for some extra curricular activities like swimming , basket ball , kung fu for my son ( he's 5 yrs old ). Any inputs about the places that offer is welcome. I prefer the experiences of someone than to google and try.

Where do you live in Cincy ? We are about to occupy the house this april end. I like to get socialized more... if you are interested , can you share ur contact no and will call u some time...

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hey Priya,

there are some good apartments in Blue ash also with a lot of Indians! Blue Ash and Montgomery both the locations if I am not mistaken under "Sycamore school district" and it is an excellent school district. I have only heard good things about the schools! Montgomery elementary school is good and there are quite a few Indian kids there! Once you are there, word of mouth is the best way to find out about other activities for your child! There are quite a few places and quite a few Indians too! Welcome :)

5. gompu

gompu New IL'ite

After multiple attempts to post my reply, I had posted a response with more info about 2 days back.. but it still doesn't show up here.. what's going on with this website?

Priya, I'm not able to use the PM feature to share my contact details, but if you can please PM me yours, I'll contact you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. priyaindusladie

Hi SRama ,
    Thank you so much for ur valuable input...

7. priyaindusladie

Hi Gompu ,
    I've Private Messaged you ... Donno whether you can see that... do let me know if you are not able to c my contact details...then will find someway to share those details...
    which area in cincy are you residing gompu...
    do you have kids ?
    sorry to bug u with too many questions...
    happy to get to know an indian there....:cheers

cheers
    priya

8. gompu

gompu New IL'ite

thanks for the PM, Priya but I'm still not eligible to view it :(
    I'll try to answer all the queries (from the previous post as well)

I reside in Mason and work in Blue Ash.
    You had asked about activities for kids - If you will be staying in Old Montgomery Apartments then the Blue Ash Recreation center should be easily accessible for after school activities for your kiddo.
    But I would highly recommend Kids First Sports Center on Kemper Road. I have been taking my son there for swimming, Basket ball, karate. The teachers are awesome.

yes, I have kids. :)

9. priyaindusladie

Hi Gompu ,
    I don't know why you are not able to see my PM.
    We reached cincinnati today and occupied the apartment right away.
    Thank you so much to all the indusladies who gave us a clear view about the town.

Note - Moderator - I want to share my Email address with Gompu. :cheers I've sent private message to her , but she's not able to see it. Don't know what's the reason. Can you kindly resolve that issue for us. Thank you in advance.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hey Priya,

For you and gompu to have private message facility, both of you must have made a minimum of 10posts in the past one month....unfortunately. Moderators cannot help here - it is the forum policy.