1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair oil for toddlers

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by debjani, Sep 29, 2006.

1. debjani

debjani New IL'ite

hi ,
    I am a new member of this website. I find this site very helpful in many ways. Thanks to my friend sonia who told me about this. I hope somebody can help me with this topic.
    I have a 2 year old daughter. I am applying coconut oil everyday in her hair . we also did mundhan twice. But seems like she is not going to have thick and voluminous hair . can anyone suggest what type of oil i can apply from now onwards so that she gets a thick hair in future.
    thanks
    debjani:)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006

2. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Try olive oil

Hi,

Applying coconut oil regularly without leaving hair to dry is good. May be you want to try applying olive oil before giving head bath. Warm the olive oil and apply it and leave it to soak for about 10-15 mins. Then give shampoo bath as usual. This helps hair growth and makes hair shiny too.

Hope it helps.

Jyoti

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Another tip

Hello debjani
    My duaghter too has the problem of scanty and thin hair. This is one tip shared by my friend and it is pretty useful.
    Mix equal proportions of coconut oil, olive oil and sesame oil and slightly warm it and then apply on the hair. Leave it for some time and then thoroughly rinse it making sure no oil sticks on to the hair.

But my daughter is 3 1/2 years old so am following this routine. May be you want to try in small quantity and check if it agrees for your 2 year old daughter.

Also I am applying a special hair oil prepared at home by my mother. she does it using curry leaves, hibiscus flowers and some other green leaves and athimathuram ( which is supposed to acclerate hair growth - not sure if u could get it in US).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  4. debjani

debjani New IL'ite

hi jyoti and laxmi

thanks to you both for sharing your ideas,. will check it out if this works. But anyway thanx for sharing your tips.
    bye and take care.

5. sangeetaverma

sangeetaverma New IL'ite

hi debjani
    I have same problem with my baby ,did u got something which is really workable
    please if u find something then let me know

sangeeta

6. brindhu84

brindhu84 New IL'ite

hey

i am making this mix for my 2year old daughter ...try this..

2 spoon - omam (Ajwain)
    5-8 - Almonds(badam)
    1 spoon - vendayam(methi seeds)
    1 sppon - Kalaparuppu it will be flat like toor dhall(channa dal not channa)
    1 spoon - (paasi paruppu) yellow split moondhall

slightly fry this in the pan...dont over heat bcos if you heat too much it will lost all their properties

Grind it in the coffee grinder... Coffee grinder is very excellent to powder..

Wenever you are giving bath to your children take 1 spoon and wash hair...do not use shampoo...in case of any emergency you can use shampoo otherwise dont use shampoo....

If you feel that your babies will get cold ..dont worry omam has body heating property and moreover wen i am using this powder on that day i will give omam powder mixed with ghee and rice.... so cold will not be attacked....

leave me a reply...