Suggest a doctor for IVF in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by blorebaby, Sep 28, 2009.

1. orchid11

orchid11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Color99,

Thanks a lot for your response,
    I am seriously considering Dr. R for icsi in coming month. Have been rethinking abt this since some time now.
    As you said as it was a ectopic preg for you, it means technically your ivf procedure was successful ! i mean everything which can be done in ivf went right ..am i missing something here?
    I still have few questions if you do not mind answering, your input will be very useful for my decision:
    1. Did u get to meet the embryologist and get inputs from her at every stage of treatment as godblessings mentioned she did at afc ?
    2. How is the infrastructure and facilities at Dr. R's clinic. I mean is it self sufficient in supporting all the aspects of ivf or do we need to run around multiple hospitals to get things done ? Is the clinic good enough to handle if any complications(like OHSS etc) arises during ivf?
    3. Did she gave any reasoning/diagnosis for what might have gone wrong in your case?
    4. How well she handles ivf patients a midst so many patients ? In my visits to her clinic i have found she gives enough time to patient and doesn't shoo them away in a hurry, though wait time there is increasing day by day.
    5.(for ivf in general) On the day of ER/ET how long they keep you in the clinic? when can we get back home ?
    6. Any issues you faced or any bad experience you had in course of your treatment there ?
    7. Also pls mention positive things you feel about the clinic.
    Sorry if I am bothering you too much, but you are kind of our only hope to find out all these details as you have experience it yourself ... we can ask them few of these things but the info we get from them might not be correct .. so i just want to know your experience before i have my own...

-Orchid

2. color99

color99 New IL'ite

Hi Orchid,

i'll first answer ur questions....

1. Did u get to meet the embryologist and get inputs from her at every stage of treatment as godblessings mentioned she did at afc ?

- I did not interact with the embryologist... the information was given by the doc herself... The doc said the quality of egg was gud on the day of transfer...thats abt it...

2. How is the infrastructure and facilities at Dr. R's clinic. I mean is it self sufficient in supporting all the aspects of ivf or do we need to run around multiple hospitals to get things done ? Is the clinic good enough to handle if any complications(like OHSS etc) arises during ivf?

Infrastructure n facilities ... The entire treatment n procedure(ER & ET) was performed at her clinic... as far as laproscopic surgeries(any emergencies) i think all patients r referred to deepak where Dr.R performs the procedures

3. Did she gave any reasoning/diagnosis for what might have gone wrong in your case?

-Her reasoning was it happens sometimes .... n my chances of future ectopic pregnancies r higher... :( However brighter side is i dont have implantation issues since the embryo is implanted ... so thats a confirmation...

4. How well she handles ivf patients a midst so many patients ? In my visits to her clinic i have found she gives enough time to patient and doesn't shoo them away in a hurry, though wait time there is increasing day by day.

- Ya she handles patients well... but i think we shud be well informed to ask the right kind of questions to her also...

5.(for ivf in general) On the day of ER/ET how long they keep you in the clinic? when can we get back home ?

- For ER u r given anesthesia n u stay for abt 4 hrs in the hospital and for ET no anesthesia but abt 3 hrs u lay flat on the bed n then go home..

6. Any issues you faced or any bad experience you had in course of your treatment there ?

- No issues as such but after godblessings info abt embryologist's role... i sometimes now feel whether the person in the clinic is gud enuf for this procedure... that is something u have to clarify nw from the DR itself.

7. Also pls mention positive things you feel about the clinic.

- Positive things i guess is that the doctor doesnt shoo u away.. she has patience.... n staff is also friendly... Infrastructure--- they was a lot of construction activities goin on that time not sure hw it is nw...

On the whole as i mentioned earlier there r many unclear parameters( like embryo quality etc) in my case. However I am plannin to change to some other doc nw ,,,, I'm thinkin ill go to kamini rao... have to c still...is there any reason y u dint consider kamini rao??

3. Want2BMom

Want2BMom Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much color99 for patiently answering all the queries... really appreciate that it would definitely help ...

if u shifting docs what happens to the frozen embryos of ur first ivf ... how would u get them ???

i did meet kamini rao ... did not feel comfortable ... it is a personal opinion you can consult her n check,

its really good to know that you do not have any implantation issues ..

"nothing is constant this too would pass" ... just read it smwhere so lets hope that this bad patch wud also pass off givg us our LOs

4. color99

color99 New IL'ite

Hi Want2Bmom,

I do not have any frozen embryos... I have to start a new cycle anyway... Many of my relatives r tellin me to go to kamini rao... But there r so many mixed reviews online n it is very hard to make a decision... Do u have a idea as to performs the ET & ER in kamini rao clinics???... In Dr R clinic she performs both the procedures.. so was just wondering??

5. Godsblessings

Godsblessings New IL'ite

Hi Color99,

U have mentioned that the Dr. herself told u that Egg quality was gud on day of ET...

My doubts r... Egg quality is usually told on d day of ER itself (rather after some time of retrieving eggs itself ).. On the day of ET, the dr. usually updates about the quality of embryos (grade), how many will be transferred...
    Once the patient is made ready for transfer, the dr. n nurses are in place with all d equipments necessary for d transfer then d embryologist brings in d embryos n hands it over to the dr. for transfer . This is the norm I have seen in all my cycles...

On the day of ER this cycle, I was only given local anesthesia n I viewed the entire procedure of Egg retrieval. My dr./staff had suggested that the egg quality will be gud if u dont take general anesthesia n go in for local anesthesia.... though d anesthetist was present during the entire process of egg retrieval in case, at any time during the process I am not able to bear the pain... It took roughly 30-35 min in d OT n a couple of hrs on the bed during which we were shown the procedure of ICSI (injecting one sperm per egg) happening in Lab LIVE on TV in our room.. Then my embroyologist checked if I was feeling OK (for any giddiness/vomiting sensation) n was asked to go home n take rest...

On the day of ET, the transfer was over in 10 min (once in the OT) then I was asked to lie down in the OT itself for exactly an hour... used the bedpan there... then was asked to go home n lie down ...

I am also given a complete summary sheet of the protocol from the day of injections to ET ... mentioning all d injection dosages i have taken, No. of eggs ret., Quality of Eggs, Semen sample quality, No. of Embryos formed n Quality, Embryos picture, ICSI procedure...

Then the 2WW started... was very stressed considering d outcome of my previous cycles...

Just wanted to share my experience...

1 person likes this.
  6. orchid11

orchid11 Senior IL'ite

Hi color99,
    Thank you so much for your replies. You have been a big help..
    I have read bad reviews about kamini rao, primary one being you will be handled by junior docs and not kamini rao herself .. its her who has created such brand for herself and patients go there for her then why should they be handled by some other doc which may or may not be good!
    So i decided to only go to clinic where the doc i am going for will do all procedure for me.
    Though i have also heard some success stories from kamini rao ..my observation is mostly middle-old age ladies who are from bangalore suggest to go for her .. because some of their relatives have gone to her some 5-8 yrs back. Probably at them time she used to handle all the patients herself!
    This is my opinion ..you can meet her and decide for yourself.
    Keep us posted on your updates

7. Want2BMom

Want2BMom Senior IL'ite

color 99
    I agree to orchid11 i was able to meet dr kamini only becoz i had one far off relative of mine who did their med together, n again she told me that i would be taken care off completely by her trained docs .... so i did not feel really comfortable ... u can go to her n check how u feel...

i met one of my colleague who sits in the same cubicle as mine at dr R's it was quite an embarrassment for both him n me ... but he later told me that his sis underwent an ivf with dr R n succeeded ...

i hope i hv not confused you.....

dr R believes that when the time is right ... smthing wud click ... which is by far the fact
    again it depends on other factors like your overian reserve, age, most imp patience that you can meet other docs, infert centers n do a lil more research n then go for your fresh treatment ....

abt the protocol ... i am too confused there ....

infert is one complicated treatment ... tooo many unknowns :rant

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

why dont you try Dr Padmini Prasad?

9. orchid11

orchid11 Senior IL'ite

Want2BMom,
    Good to hear that somebody has succeeded at dr. R's clinic :) Thanks for sharing :)

10. orchid11

orchid11 Senior IL'ite

GodsBlessings,
    This is the first time I am hearing abt ER done under local anesthesia ... does it hurt ?? I mean does it hurt bad than done under anesthesia after the anesthesia effect is gone ?

Kind of details you have share here is awesome! I can't believe its the same AFC in which i went for iui .. honestly I never expected this much from them :)
    If at all i consider visiting afc .. what all primarily tests i would need to go for? Do i need to start from scratch? i want to finish off my procedure by MAY this yr..