1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

I deeply condole the untimely death of The Great Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin. He was just 44 years old and too young to meet the end of his Adventurous life. I loved his shows on Discovery Channel and his Crocodile show was my favourite. We will miss Steve Irwin on TV shows.

2. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Tragic Accident

That was tragic accident of Steve Irwin who died of Stingray Barb's poison. It pierced making a hole in Steve's heart. Truely painful death for such a wonderful and daring person. But then, they dare their lives for such adventures. His wife Terri supported him in all his acts. It is a great loss to the family and the wild life mission.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

we miss "crikey" Steve!!!!!!

Dear Maria & Chandni,

Nice to know you both liked Steve's documentaries.
    My hubby & Daughter always watch wildlife prog but somehow I never could enjoy watching animals, till Steve came into the picture. He mesmerises his audience with his daring & passionate acts. We can sense his passion for animals thru his docs. Just 3 weeks back, he featured in a documentary dedicated to the snakes & there he got so close to the snakes that he got a bite from a venomous snake & was given first aid & taken to the hospital. If not for him, I dare wouldn't watch a prog on reptiles. Programmes /documentaries on animals got real attention thanks to the "crikey" Steve.
    We do miss him.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Let me join you...

...In expressing how sad we felt on hearing the news of Steve Irwin's tragic and sudden death.
    Like Meena, I too am not really an animal person. But his programmes were a compulsory watch and he came across as a person who was in love and concerned with the animals he dealt with. What a shame. Maybe God has other plan.
    May his soul rest in peace.

L, Kamla

5. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

He was epitome of adventure i would say. I noticed him for the first time on a TV channel when he was shown taking his few months old baby close to a Crocodile. To be honest i was just numb for few minutes as I am not very animal person except for birds, fishes and dogs.
    I guess its great loss to his very young family, the animal world and Australia as he seemed to be a person who contributed to the country's popularity and publicity more than many of Politicians.
    His funeral took place in a very private ceremony and he has been burried in his Zoo where his heart and soul was always when he was alive and will rest now in peace there only.