Work From Home Software Tester with Exposure to PHP, MySQL & HTML Needed

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by bharthi, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Dear All,

One of my clients is looking for a work from home Software Tester with some exposure to PHP, MySQL and HTML.

Here is the situation. He runs a small business and has outsourced his IT projects to an external company. But he needs a person to co-ordinate with this external company in communicating requirements, following up and also testing/checking their work before pushing them live.

Some of his requirements are starting to become minor tweaks here and there (as opposed to projects). For those, instead of going to this external/expensive IT firm, he would like to groom this person to do it herself using her PHP, MySQL and HTML skills. He is not expecting a Pro, but someone who can quickly lead and pickup these skills.

You and him will agree on an hourly rate. You clock the hours, provide him a timing sheet at the end of the month and he pays you. Payment is either through Paypal or bank transfer.

Following are the requirements
    - Excellent Work Ethic. Needs no follow-ups. Punctual. Attention to detail.
    - Good Written & Oral Communication Skills
    - Ability to work atleast 4 hours a day to start with.
    - Person should be based in India

If you are interested, please email me at bharthi2004 at gmail dot com. Please provide full background, relevant skills/experience and also the number of hours you would be able to work. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bharthi

Admin Note: Sponsored Thread

4 people like this.

2. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

re: Work From Home Software Developer (PHP, MySQL & HTML/CSS) Needed

Hi Bharathi,

Wishing you a great 2012! There are certain questions from my end would appreciate if you could respond pls.

1. What is the biz application you are talking of? I mean it deals with which process like sales, inventory, purchase, production, finance etc. Reason being, in order to communicate with the vendor company the tester has to have some domain knowledge so that she/he knows the actual requirement.

2. Please specify if you are looking at functional tester or technical tester. Like, the tester should have some basic skills of php,sql, html, using these skills one can develop an application but only if he has functional or domain knowledge she will able to find bugs or carry out a process check.

Or is it that the tester will find bug and fix them as well. In case she needs to fix then this programming knowledge is imp. In this case, the hourly rate of the tester will certainly be a little more than a normal functional tester.

3. What is the tenure of this contract?

4. How would the payment terms be, not the mode. So for example 100% advance or milestone basis?

There could be some more questions as well. Although as of now my main line of biz is making hand woven sarees and dress materials yet by profession I am Sr Project Manager with a reputed IT company and could help you in finding out a resource hence requesting the details. you may pm me as well.

thanks lady,

1 person likes this.
  3. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Hi Dakshayaeni,

Great Questions, let me respond to them.

1. It deals with a little bit of everything. Since it is a small business, in-depth domain knowledge on one functional area isn't a pre-requisite. If the person is excited about the opportunity and has the curiosity to learn, it is easy to pick up his business and what is important, not important etc.

2. Functional tester.

3. At this point in time, it is ongoing. However, as always, no guarantees right. I see this continuing for a long time as long as there is fit and the business keeps growing.

4. The person keeps a timing sheet of hours spent and work done. End of the month, she submits the timing sheet and gets paid for that amount.

Bharthi

4. skans

skans Silver IL'ite

Hi Bharati,

Your offer seems very interesting. I have worked in the software testing field for 7 years (2 years in India and 5 years in US), in retail domain. Please PM me if you would like to take this further.

Thanks,
    skans.

5. Sapnapuranik

Sapnapuranik New IL'ite

Hi Bharati,

I am interested in considering this offer.
    I have worked in the software development and testing field for 8 years in bangalore, in banking and healthcare domain.
    Please PM me if you would like to take this further.

Thanks,
    Sapna

6. binypraveen

binypraveen New IL'ite

Hi Bharathi,

I am interested in your offer.
    I have worked in the software testing field of about 7 years. Please contact me if you would like to take this further.

7. chinmayeecs

chinmayeecs New IL'ite

I am also interested. I have 9 years of testing experience and 7 years as a test lead.
    Please let me know the details.

8. rma

rma New IL'ite

HI Bharathi,
    I am Alamelu. I am interested in this job. How should i send my resume to u?

9. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Can you provide more details on the same.. I'm interested to join..

10. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Hi Skans, Sapna, Chinmayee, Alamelu, Pavithra,

I did a paid thread so I can publish my email ID. You have my email ID in the original post, so please do send an email with your resume and the details asked in the first email. I can then review and get back. Thanks.

Bharthi